Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    imo, the AI should drive in a less aggressive mode in practice, no-one wants to risk a wrecked car in practice. Maybe it is possible to tame them during the practices with some code.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The AI are indeed very good and I would say on par with RF2 - better in some areas & worse in others. That's only from initial first impressions though so they may well be better overall, I need a lot more time to see exactly how they are but so far I'm loving them :)

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I had a couple of races at Silverstone in gtr 2 class and was constantly get knocked from pillar to post, was a bit surprised considering the comments about improved ai

4. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I just had a 25 min GT3 race at Zandvoort against AI.
    I qualified my Corvette Z06 at Pos 10.
    The start was exciting, but no crash! In lap3, as I was (again) in Pos10, a Ford GT hit me bad on my rear right in the slow part of the infield before the backstraight... but that might be because I am honestly awfully slow there :confused:
    Now I was in Pos19 with a Bentley in front of me, which qualified 18, and though I was clearly faster on the lap time, I could not get him pass for 15min! He was battling for his position so hard and effective, that it was the best fun I had for weeks!
    Then all of a sudden at the end of the main straight he tried to block a bit too hard, went on the inner curb, hit the dirt and let me pass on the outside! Like it!

Now for sure, those who say, they only use the game for MP, they are missing 50% of the fun :cool:

[​IMG]
    By the way, AI set at 101%. You know... I'm old and slow... :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Players must remember that the AI is far more pressing now, and often sitting extremely close in your neck, in your rear quadrant. If then you brake all of a sudden and too early, and switch lines, the it has much less chance to react in time. Logical, isnt it.

I can only repeat: I initially had many crashes, too, like some of you reported, but when watching the replays I saw that time and again it was my own fault. Almost always.

You can see this happening in multiplayer (AC for me) often, too.

In case of doubt I would say they should not touch and certainly should not tone down the AI. It is up to the player to adapt - by

- driving more defensively at times,
    - being more reasonable in what he does and when,
    - and especially watchign around more often to increase situational awareness.

Its not the job of the AI to give you a free ride! ;)

Really, very good AI I think. I am deeply impressed. IMO the AI now has come to shine as one of the prime arguments in favour of RR, which makes RR very attractive for SP-focussed players. Better than GTR2, better than Nascar 2003, which were my personal benchmarks before, since I drove both excessively and thus know them quite well.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    BTW, I was under the impression that we could set/tune the AI stress factor now, but I find no switch and no slider...!?

7. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Right now the only thing I wasn't seeing with the ai is them making more mistakes like missing braking points and going off track, or taking each other out. Mistakes do happen. If sector 3 can get that more in that would be amazing. How is the ai at draft overtaking? I've not really been looking. That's one thing that sims can't seem to get right.

One final thing.... How do we report problems with ai on track, eg segments of the track where they go too slow or brake when they don't need to? Was noticing this on sachenring like the slight right hand kink going into the downhill backstraight they brake momentarily

8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Sorted by players
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that's about what I'm getting. The sorting is not the only issue unfortunately.

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    What other issues are you guys seeing?

I already made a bug report with a handful that I noticed, so I can add on some more if you guys can let me know what you are experiencing. And thanks for this pic NLO.

Cheers guys.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you wouldn't mind opening a thread in the community support section of the forum, it would be easier for us to keep track of that issue there instead of a thread for general announcements here.

Any videos, replay files, or screenshots of the troublesome area would also be beneficial if you have them.

Cheers

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you havent seen the answer to this already... the answer is yes, it does tell you the name of the friend on the server.

2017-01-28 1513 0003.jpg

Not sure what happens if you have a lot of friends on the same server, but I believe it lists them all.

13. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The server page not refreshing and keeping the same order you entered with, players then drop out or enter but the page isnt updating to reflect the numbers.
    If you go back to main then re enter server page all is as it should be till the numbers change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DaniloE31

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Just a question:
    how do I see if a Server is set at Novice or Get Real?

15. Tomy

Tomy New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I've the Fanatec CSW V2 and after the last update, the steering wheel is very hard, especially when making the turn in the curves and the car is stopped, does anyone know how to solve this?.

Thx!.

16. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Thats an easy one.

Give it to me ;)

I would imagine turning down the various ffb settings ingame, vertical load, steering and lateral down a notch or 10-20

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Click on the name of the server to highlight it. Then on the right side of the server browser, you will see a panel of information appear. This info panel lists all the relevant info the server is using.

Click the picture to enlarge and see. :)

2017-01-28 1610 0001_LI.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried to reset steering settings in carsetup in garage?

19. DaniloE31

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Ah... I see: I always knew you drive nothing but Amateur :D :p
    No kidding: thank you!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Done a few short races with the AI over 15 laps at Silverstone GP mandatory pitstop, 28 AI cars on track, every car comes in on the same lap at the same time in every race, needs to be more random, and can we get rid of this you have to pit within these 3 laps rule.