Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    So, you are doing a 15 lap race w/ mandatory pit stops, and all the AI cars seem to pit on the same lap?

Do you only notice this only on Silverstone GP, or more generally on any track?

I'll make a note for the devs. It would be nice for strategy and realism sake for the AI to pit on different laps and have some variety in this respect.

Doesnt help keep me off the grass at all though :D

2. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    It seems the servers without pings won't display the detail sheet on the right.

It would be nice to have an option to filter the list on mode. I only want to race on Get Real servers :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, the server info panel on the side properly displays the info for any server I click on, even those that dont display a ping value for me. I think the info panel shows up regardless because the game has to know what the settings are when the host configures the server.

You may be experiencing a bug though. I noticed that occasionally if you highlight one server, and then highlight another one... that server info panel wont update to the display the new information from the 2nd server you clicked on. This has been reported though and will hopefully be fixed sometime soon.

You can click the refresh button down below as a workaround as this should be enough to get the server you clicked on to show up in that info panel.

As for a filter, I recall this being suggested in the past. Not sure what the official statement was, but it used to be pretty easy to just ignore the servers with physics modes you didnt want to use. Bit different now though since it doesnt show you what the physics mode is directly in the server browser anymore. Luckily I suppose, most servers use Get Real mode :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom Updates:

A step forward with the update and 2 steps back with the ideas

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Moronic posts ...... constant

Andi

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. metaboli176

metaboli176 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wow cool, I'm so excited by the 2017 that I still drive with the vehicles from 2014/15, makes a huge fun to see as with the competition everything runs and the new cars have always been on the track.
    Well maybe they will come in the next few years also with raceroom and we hope not times before again new models to the market come, otherwise must raceroom again vehicles announce the years need until they are integrated into the game

7. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Are you simply a kid or you are unable to argue your point or view?

8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    To the point ...... constant

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Try the cars with the latest updated physics, I had the same impression with the DTM 1992 cars but with the GT3s and IMSA cars it was better.

10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Some more races with 36 cars, different classes, 5 laps on various tracks. I have nothing but praise for the AI. Once you realise and adapted to the need to be aware of what is happening around you, you can have blastful fights with them. I have had severla events when I raced door to door with aI cars for more than half a lap, sometimes three-wide. And no collisions. Replay shows that the AI tries very hard to avoid collisions at the last moment - but it does not more than it mus, and does not voluntarily give more room than it needs to survive.

However, I can understand that some people may find this problematic. When the AI car's front wheels are beside your rear wheels, you may look to the side and still do not see the hood, you then wrongly conclude there is no car beside you, and - bang. Never has Mr. Belowski's spotter app been worth more gold than today, it has saved me a thousand times by now. Listen to your spotter, guys, when he says "still beside you, he still is there", listen to him! It will save you many time.s And give you the possibility for insanely intense close quarter combat and dogfights. It sometimes was hard to believe what i saw happening, when the AI triggered another one.

Superb AI. Show me an racing AI that is as as good as this one. Zäh und kampfeslustig. But not kamikaze. What probably helped is that today I only tried car-track combos where adaptive AI already has found me a setting that puts them and me on roughly the same level.

Do not overtune this AI into something worse again, easy hands now, be careful with it. In case of doubt: leave it as it is, don't touch it. Its very, very good already.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    At the risk of bigging myself up, the spotter is really helping get the most out of the improved AI. They often 'send one up the inside' when you're really not expecting it. Many times I've had a 'car left' call when I'd had no idea the AI was even winding up for a move. So hooray for me, but mostly hooray for the bloody fantastic AI. It makes Group 5 races just amazing

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    GP4

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    On a positive note, we're enjoying the manual pit stops. The league I race with, ESR, has suddenly bumped up the tire and fuel wear for pubic races -- wonder why? ;)

After everyone gets used to pitting so they don't get speeding penalties, etc, it should allow for a great pit stop to make up more than 1-2 seconds. On one race I was able to make up 4 seconds to reach the car ahead of me such that I exited the pit lane side-by-side with him -- could have made up more, but I forgot to disable the pit speed limiter quickly :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  14. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I am getting the same on 15/20 min races around Spa. It definitely would be nice to have them pitting at different laps, but in their defense the pit window is very short and you have only 2 laps to actually pit, at least with my time settings ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have played GP1, 3 and 4 a lot. It certainly is a very long time, and thus memories may no longer be all that clear, but while the AI for that timeframe and title never was something that raised my or somebody else's criticsm, this also may be owed to the fact that the demands of that time were different (lower), the standards to which to compare it were different (lower), and that the expectations one had were different. So, I cannot recall that GP4 has had that impressive AI like RR today. I recall that when GTR2 and Nascar2003 popped up on my radar, I was dropping the GP series quite quickly. especially Nascar seemed to be like a revelation to me - having had ZERO interest in Nascar before.

We must be careful to not let the different era and standards distort our impressions and memories. Its a damn long time ago.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    True dat. I remember the GP4 AI used to defend the inside line but they would only do this if you were quite a long way back, and would do it far too soon then not really do anything to hold their position in the corners. And they didn't overtake much either

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    okay, shall do.

18. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    A cool feature that Grand Prix Legends AI has is that it is able to analize where you are slower during your lap. I'll explain better: when an AI with a similar pace to yours is behind you, it doesn't go for the overtake immediately. It settles behind you for a couple of laps, during which it studies in what part of the track you are slower than him. When he understands that, it goes as hard as he can in that part, counting that you'll be less able to defend yourself there. And most of the time, obviously, it succeeds. It is very realistic and it also avoids rear ending from eager AI.

• Like Like x 2
  19. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Well, After few months of not been able to drive, yesterday I had the chance to drive again, I felt a bit rusty, so I set AI around 107% diff. Then I decided to do some laps around Bathurst, cuz,, Why not? (Bathurst is coming :cool:) Have to say that after few practice laps was doing around 2:05's Nissan GT3 default set up (I know, Slowwwww :() but AI was doing from 2:07's to 2:12. So I decided to start from the back and see how much the AI has improved,,,,, Just one word,,,, Amazing:eek:... the way the AI is racing you now, is just too much enjoyable:smiley:, will go door to door in ANY corner,, was a bit slow up and downhill but not sure if it was because of the AI diff or because that's how it is on that track.

Anyways, I am so much waiting for the new GT3's to arrive because now with the AI improved it will be a good practice and lot of fun .

BTW, Is the P4-5 Competizione a GT3 class car:confused:? It makes me feel is a multiclass race not a GT3 race..

Great work on the update!

Cheers!:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The P4/5 in real life is a bit of a weird car. It was never really in a specific class such as GT3 or GT2 back in the day. Like it's successor the SCG 003, I believe it raced in its own class although it had similar lap times to the GT2 cars.

About a year ago, there was a lot of work being done to the GT3 class, and the devs decided to include this one in the class. Current GT3 is fairly close in laptime to the defunct GT2 class, so it shouldnt really feel any more like a mixed class race than it already does with the ~10-15 GT3 cars we have :p

Hmm, 15-20 mins should be plenty long enough (on most tracks anyway) to have a pit window of 3+ laps. So all of the AI pitting on the same lap could perhaps be improved a bit :p

I'll toss this one to the devs in a bug report.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017