Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. metaboli176

metaboli176 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ???????????????????????????????????????????
    But we do not speak of raceroom, we are talking about another game of improved AI I do not mind, from a poorer AI I notice very much and I am not the only one with this opinion.
    URGENT IMPROVE THANK YOU

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    ???????????????????????????????????????????
    The GT3 category is called "GTR 3" in RaceRoom, remember?;)
    http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/gtr-3

• Like Like x 1
  3. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Does the AI recognize yellow flags already?

When I go off the track and go back on track very cautiously and on a low angle to the track I always get fully hit by the following cars. They do not change the line to go past me. Maybe you can take a look at that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. metaboli176

metaboli176 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Racki, you noticed it, but Balrog did not understand it, she did not understand the question.
    Just like the vehicles in a pure krachen, there must urgently be done. Of full AI, no trace

5. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I only had the opportunity to test game today with a Xbox One Controller since the patch, and xinput control seems enabled under this device! The game will now load its profile for it, and will show correct xinput button binds, accelerator and brake are working as separate axes and vibration is also functional. I've noticed the introduction of a profile for this specific device id, so thank your for your concern after the previous reports.

The only problem is that vibration seems to have an erratic behavior. Sometimes it seems to gain a life of its own and doesn't particularly match what's on screen. When it happens it'll keep vibrating after returning to the game's menu and then raise or diminish the effect and it'll keep on doing it even after exiting the game as if the driver was stuck. This will also migrate to the start of a new race where the controller will keep doing its weird autonomous vibration that comes and goes. Even setting FFB intensity to 0, or disabling gamepad vibration won't stop it.
    A while ago, I remember reports of other games like PCars doing something similar with these controllers right on release, so there might need something about gamepad vibration that needs to be adjusted for these controllers.

Many thanks Sector3 team!

Edit: OK, something is definitely wrong. Could it be that the gamepad is receiving some FFB that should only go for a wheel and the driver goes crazy? If the game is launched with gamepad vibration disabled, it'll still vibrate on track, keep vibrating in the menu, and even after exiting the game until the computer is restarted or another xinput game is launched (and only stops it from the moment it send new vibration info). Only if force feeback intensity is set to 0%, and from a fresh start, the controller will be prevented from vibrating.
    At the moment that solution is preferable, because driving with the controller vibrating for no reason (as it keeps doing on menus) can be distracting.

Other problem is the analog range on the triggers. For some reason an upper-range deadzone is being applied, so the triggers reach "100%" sooner than they should on acceleration and brakes (left at linear 50% sensitivity). If one lifts the trigger slightly, It'll still be at 100% when it shouldn't (I've confirmed in other games where depressing the same amount of travel is correctly registered), and a slight press will also register more than it should due to the shortened top range.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Update: In the following screen it's possible to see that the game registers full throttle on the right trigger when the input is only ~50% as if there was a 50% upper deadzone. The same happens on the brake; the reading is on XInputPlus, but its functions are disabled so not to interfere with R3E):
    Triggers_upper_deadzone.jpg
    It doesn't seem related to the ingame profile file for this controller because if I remove it, and the game prompts me to make a custom one from scratch, the same will happen.

Thanks for your attention!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  7. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Update2: The problem above is very easy to solve. The inbuilt Xbox One profile has the center value for both triggers wrong. It's using Center="0.5" instead of the correct "0.0" value. By applying this small fix to my UserData\ControlSet\ Controller Xbox One For Windows Custom.rcs on the last two axes, they finally have the expected linear behavior at 50% by using their full range.

The only problem that remains is the vibration coming and going problem, that remains after stopping the car, on game menus, and even after exiting the game until a reboot. It's as if the controller becomes possessed :D.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hey, thanks for all your feedback on this. It is very useful indeed :)

I'll pass this finding about the Center = 0.5 thing along to the devs so they can take a look and perhaps change this in a future update.

Im not sure I entirely follow what the problem is with the vibration/rumble though. Are you saying it vibrates in a way that doesnt make sense for what you are seeing on screen... and that it continues vibrating when you stop the car, and even in the menus? If this is the case, I can put this in a similar report for the devs.

Thanks again, cheers

9. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Scroll up a couple of posts. :)

10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    The "0.5" center problem on the last two axes is present on both new Xbox One Controller profiles (at raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet ), for wired and wireless.

For the vibration: yes, exactly. It seems like when a certain FFB event happens that I can't exactly figure out (maybe after a prolonged event that causes a strong vibration, such as a long stop with locked tyres or bouncing between cars) or simply after a certain time, the game makes the controller's driver go crazy, or triggers some bug on it.

One example just now that shows two problems (lack of vibration/undesired vibration): picked the 190E DTM for practice in Nurb GP, and after playing a while I stopped the car locking tires. With the car stopped, and after a bit of vibration "silence" the vibration started acting for some 5s, then stopped for 1s, and it came again. I called the menu, it vibrated again for some 5s, then I went back to track. For half lap I had completely no vibration, then suddenly it came back (with expected behavior). Lapped a bit more, stopped the car, after imobilization the controller started to vibrate again on a weird vibration cicle like 5s on, 1s off, 3s on, 1s off, 5s on, and this will be superimposed to any further gameplay. It then persisted on the menu and after exiting the game, and then it eventually stopped after more than one minute.
    Restarting the computer will stop the controller, and sometimes launching R3E again (without playing) also seems to stop vibration on the first loading titles, or playing another game (sometimes AC will stop it when going inside of a car, but not always). It seems like depending on how much time I play, it'll keep vibrating for only some 20s after exiting the game or for what seems a much longer time that I always end up interrupting with a restart.

I'm using the current 10.0.14393.0 driver inbuilt in W10 AU for this controller, and firmware is the latest 2.3.2381.0 the Xbox Accessories app installs. I've tried other external USB controller's port instead of a MB port without success, and only have such problem on R3E.

(Sorry for the edits, English isn't my native language.)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017