Released 26-04-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Apr 26, 2016.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    BoP - balance of performance, adding ballast / restrictors to make different cars perform equally

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm new in the forum of sector 3. My question is : since the new update some tracks have decrease the amount of ai cars. For example Monza was 29 cars now it's 24 cars. Portimao was 35 cars now it's 24 cars and laguna seca too 24 cars. I would like to non if other guys have the same problème.
    Have a good day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I was hoping this patch would go some way to allowing me to use the game again but unfortunately not :(

Huge stuttering is making it unplayable, even at far lower settings than I used to use before the previous patch. Might be time for a system upgrade but I hope I'll get a bit of time to do a more thorough analysis on it at some point.

4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Look like the AI pit bug is fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  6. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Drivers named in 1 monitor 1080 are displayed on 3 monitors but not shown 5760x1080

7. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jim ! :)

8. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I have the possibility to test the new patch at earliest tomorrow or then friday, but if this is so, it is very unfortunate. I liked the way clutch+H-shifter was modeled before. Even if you didn't make terrible shifting and completely lock your rear wheels, still even minor mistake and not having rev matching could cause your gear box a slight damage. So, the previous system really pushed you to practice your braking and shifting and simply to be more precise with the handling and adding the challenge of driving with these cars. It was actually fun when you started to learn the rhythm of the track and car combination after a few practice laps and in race, if you get sloppy, you were definitely penalized with a small damage indicated by the flashing in the hud.

It may level up the playing field with those who drive with only two pedals, auto clutch and sequential controls, but as I play pretty much only solo, I'd like to have the full experience.

• Like Like x 1
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I will take a look. My thread lists the max AI per circuit before this update. Only Zandvoort was increased to 31.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/r3e-circuits-ranked-by-ai-capacity.4691/

10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @The_Grunt Not sure how this will work with H-Pattern and clutch, because i have DFGT and use auto-clutch and sequential shifter (well, still closer to real than paddles). It behaved identical when I disabled auto-clutch but gearbox was getting damaged.

@James Cook Yeah, Monza has max 24 cars now

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
  12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I guess some tracks cannot properly support those numbers and the AI has been reduced while they are worked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I was getting more stutters after the last big patch. After a lot of tweaking I decided to undo everything and go back to base settings. I removed all the bios tweaks, project lasso, nvidia inspector tweaks, I did a clean reinstall of the nvidia drivers and went back to base 3d settings (except for vsync and performance mode).
    It now runs as good as it ever has. I mainly use medium for the game grpahic settings.
    Of course the nordschleife VLN and 24hr layouts still run poorly around GP track but everything else including the standalone nordschleife layout runs really well. Anyway good luck, hopefully this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Also try to run the game in borderless windowed mode instead of fullscreen, it looks exactly the same, for me it killed all the stuttering (prolly only works under windows 10, but im not sure about that tho...)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I'm sooo disappointed in this update S3.

I thought I would be faster with this update, but I am not. WTF?

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see S3S and R3E picking up the pace. It is very nice to see R3E being mentioned more and more around sim community. Thanks guys!

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. Nils Herbstrieth

Nils Herbstrieth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can't see driver names any more. (triple screen).
    The position of the yellow chat text ist too low and is coverd by after race overlays.
    This isn't tested well with all resolutions. :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    You mean if you drive a H-shifter car with sequential and auto cluth?

19. Steve Rosswick

Steve Rosswick New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think he means the actual shifting mechanism performs too quickly for an H-Pattern shifter, that you can rapid-fire shift in the H-Pattern shifter cars like they have a sequential.

20. BG Larsson

BG Larsson New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    For some reason I cant post times with the Fabcar after the uppdate. Is the leaderboard temp
    down??