Released 26-04-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Apr 26, 2016.

1. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Am I stupid or how do I download the update? Has it updated automatically in Steam or something? How can I check this? All I find in Steam and here is a lot of info about the update but no info on how I get it. Also, when I play in multiplayer the car starts to roll around and spin, the dash goes red and there is a constant screaming sound until I exit. What is this bug and is it fixable?

2. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    It should download automatically through Steam unless you disabled automatic updates. You can also verify the game cache (right click on Raceroom in Steam and then go to properties-->local files).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I tested the same, with the BMW 320, same results. I do get engine damage, which is correct, as the gearbox itself probably wouldn't be damaged much from such madness.

But as you say, the rear wheels don't lock up like they most definately should...! :(

I'll check tomorrow and see if this is common for all the cars now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    By the way, this isn't fixed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    This was my mistake, i had changed fov whilst trying to adapt to cockpit and edtracker, seems you cant teach an old dog new tricks, its killing me :)
    FOV was the issue not changing it back going to my normal driving view.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @The_Grunt Could be bug, devs overlook or i messed something, because in GTOs shifting without autoclutch works fine.

Speaking of bugs, there are huge holes in grass on Hockenheim Short and National - on Short it is on the left of chicane before Mobil 1 Kurve and on National on outside of "shortcut" on Parabolika

7. Nazca

Nazca Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I guess there are a problem with the auto-clutch activation, because some other cars had the same problem, we have run on DTM92 last evening and we have done some laps without use the clutch and without engine/gearbox damage, simply release the accelerator for up or downshifting. The clutch is totaly useless. (All options to use a H-shifter are checked)
    So upshifting is not a problem with some gearbox if your are in the good RPM, but downshifting...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Tested with the Capri and my back wheels locked up, but hardly any engine damage.. o_O;)

9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    finding the same thing. Bashing down the gears into the Chase at Bathurst, if I mess up and get 1st instead of 3rd, I get a grindy noise and end up in the kitty litter, but there's no damage to the 'box at all, and despite the revs going through the roof the engine is none the worse for it. I'm heal-toe'ing with the clutch (because I wanted to learn how to do it) but the game is really forgiving. I can shift to whatever gear I like without touching the clutch or lifting / blipping properly

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Spanner_76

Spanner_76 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Car labels dont seems to display, i'm with triple screens. Just done a race round Monza and sitting in the pits you can hear the engine noise of a car passing then it seems the text label travels 10x across the screen!

Like the contrasting text to the chat but it sits right in the middle of the virtual mirror! Though i guess there i no where else for it to fit i.e between mirror and standings bar at top of screen

11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Update Highlights:
    Chat messages in MP are now yellow and allow 156 characters

It's a little bit better.
    Why not with a black back-ground and on the bottem from the screen?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    How do I write in the chat? Can never seem to find any place to write.

13. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    press t, while you are in driving mode

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I was going to agree to your whole post, but was only really agreeing with the [TAB] car names/pings are missing with triple monitors.

15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Isn't it 'C' by default?

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    No, it's "T" like all other ISI engine based games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    That would explain, why it didn't work last time i needed it :p But it was 'C' in Race07 for sure.

18. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I noticed today that with triples, while the driver names didn't appear correctly while looking ahead, if I looked to the right, the driver names were in the position they should have been if I was looking ahead.
    This leads me to a question for you guys on the dev team. Is proper triple screen support in the top half of your to do list somewhere? Sorry if you have answered this recently somewhere else.

19. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue.
    The workaround I found was this:-
    From the main menu head into Settings - Video Settings - Full Screen - OFF - apply, when it asks if you want to keep the settings select - NO. Then head back into the game as normal (selecting YES on your way out when it asks if you want to keep the settings you haven't really changed).
    Now the driver names appear above the cars again and not off to the right.
    Hope this works for you too.

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  20. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0