Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, Get Real doesn't really exist anymore. There's only a certain combination of assists that equal what Get Real used to be (and the according assists preset in the menu).

But you're not alone in thinking it's not ideal right now. Another compromise would be to revert TC step values to how they were before (so f.e. step1=0, step2=10, step3=20 and so on) but make the game start you in TC step 6 when entering a session. This way the steps would be more intuitive and you could simply turn TC down by switching to step 1 on-the-fly.
    Not sure if that would be a welcome compromise from your guys' pov, so feel free to share your opinion.

2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Would it be a lot of effort to store the TC setting that u used last driving the car?
    Like the setup i last used gets loaded automatic, maybe that is possible with the TC setting also per car?

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Personally I think we should just go back to the old TC settings, and start it still on 1..probably like most can't afford to mess up setups I have..

• Like Like x 2
  4. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Help me here, but on a real gte/3/4 car isn’t the TC like it is now? Meaning 1 is the most amount of Traction control and the higher the number the less TC you get? Granted I think the number usually goes into the teens on a modern GTE. I think even ABS settings are this way too?

Wouldn’t it be better to adapt if RaceRoom now has it correct?

5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I totally understand the reasoning behind the change (so that new players start on full traction control) so it doesn't matter which end you start full on; it's more to the point that for those that don't use traction control have to a) assign a button for traction control and b) remember to hit the button 5 times to turn it off or c) change the default setup so that 0 traction starts at the number the game defaults to.

It's just a niggly inconvenience as we used to be able to just jump in a drive

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    To me, it doesn't matter which method is used. Already got the buttons mapped, so whether I have to move up or down is...meh.
    I get the logic behind having newcomers starting on full TC, and I also get that more experienced drivers may want set-ups without TC.
    So what we really need is for someone, somewhere to make a decision, and then we stick to it.
    Switching back and forth is a little frustrating, especially if you want your set-ups to work as intended.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    LOL:grinning: that's rather funny. Because I went back and looked. And it's not the aquila but rather the P1 Audi that makes me claustrophobic:rolleyes:. So don't feel too bad;)
    But hey, they both start with an A. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it:tonguewink:

8. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Yah I just discovered this yesterday. Couldn't figure out why my cornering felt so weird. It's not a big deal to me because I tend to change TC around to my personal tastes when it's there anyway. Like Cheerfully Insane said. Pick a system, tell us what it is, and then stay with that.

9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Is there an XML setting, which I can change, so that the stints starting with TC6 instead of one?

No need to make a compromise. If 6 is the lowest value in reality, just leave it, as it is now .

But please make a choice where to start with .

The biggest problem is, that most aren't reading here. They don't know that there is a new start-up value. I see this as a real problem.
    (As I see it as a real problem, that there are many undocumented features and Infos how to set Raceroom up properly in the beginning. So this is a real problem for beginners)

10. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The Mercedes AMG works driver Jan Seyffarth says in his Youtube video "Rain in Assetto Corsa Competizione" at 3:50,

that the Mercedes AMG GT3 has 12 steps for TC in real life. Steps 1-5 are used in rain and steps 6-12 are used in dry conditions. So it seems, that step 1 has the highest and step 12 the lowest intervention. But he also says, that maybe other manufacturers do it just the other way round.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    What i do is just change the T1 value from 25(or what's the highest TC) to 0 in settings and save it because in most cases i don't use TC. In case i want to use TC, i just switch to T2 while driving and have TC at 20(or what's useful for me).

12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me or is Yoda having issues with the Hillclimb!
    May the Force feedback with you be!

* If I use TC I generally change the default values anyway, highest I'd consider using in position 6, takes literally 10 seconds to swap about, really don't see what the big deal is.

Regarding the abrupt steering issues in GT2, 4 etc, I use a rotation of 420 in nearly all cars (shoulder injury hindering rotation) and I do not have any erratic, hyper sensitive steering with any of the mentioned cars. Using a TM TX300 and post update all I can report is I feel the road surface far more with the new tyre modelled cars and slow in fast out is more pronounced or should I say more rewarding.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it's that simple, but if it is I assume the file is encrypted.
    I read the same thing several times, regarding some series at least. Makes sense in a variety of scenarios, not only in the rain but also that during a "normal" race the driver starts on high(ish) TC as long as the tyres are cold, then lowers TC as soon as they warm up and over the course of the race gradually increases TC again to cope with increasing tyre wear.

On the other hand I remember feedback from a rl driver who told us they avoid using TC whenever they can, but iirc that was regarding a FWD series, so again a special scenario.

So I guess there's no global rule of thumb..
    That should already be the case. All you have to do is adapt the TC (or any other setup value), click "save setup" and when you use the same car on the same track it will automatically load your saved setup.

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It used to be like that 2 years ago (or maybe even more), but only because we didn't have an option to save setups back then. The problem with this approach is that it will always override the default values, which might not be desired in all situations.

What I forgot to mention is that you can load any setup on any track, so what I do in such situations is create one custom setup for a car in which I adapt the TC to my liking and then load that on all other tracks. Takes a few clicks, but saves me the time to create a setup for each track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok just spent a few hours in a few different classes to see if I can reproduce this weird steering feel that some seem to be experiencing. I can't. All classes feel as good or better than pre-update. I've also found a new favourite car. RUF GT2. Brilliant, brilliant car, lapping the nords in it is a pure joy.

Also I'm having no issues with cockpit cameras not saving, everything seems perfect to me.....

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Still wonder if these issues might also be down to using outdated car setups, or if sth in the control setups broke. But we haven't been able to reproduce this either so far.

17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I also noticed something. For some cars, like the Porsche Cup, the default steering settings are changed.
    When i tested the Porsche cup, the ffb was way to heavy and when i opened the steering settings, i did a reset to default and the steering settings were changed. After that everything felt back normal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    It might be my new favourite car too. I first drove the BMW and then the Corvette, to try the new GT2 physics, and both of those are very very good as well, but then I tried the RUF and couldn't put it down. According to the statistics in my profile page the RUF GT3 is my most played car in Raceroom and now I think it will probably be surpassed by the RUF GT2. Guess I just like RUFs :D

But all 3 cars I've tried in the GT2 class feel great and there's no steering isues at all for me. Felt fully connected to these cars from the very first corner.

Also did a 30 minute GT2 race at Laguna Seca to try the AI, not only because I love the track, but also because it's one I remember having some terrible AI races in the past, and this time it was so much better. Only 3 incidents during the entire race, and one of those was my fault.

The first of the two AI incidents, and the most annoying one, was on the stretch between T3 and T4. There was an AI car side by side with me and it drove into me 3 times, hiting the back end of my car and almost causing me to spin. Guess the AI needs to use the crewchief app... or glasses :p

The secong AI incident was at the last turn before the start, where 3 AI cars spun and caused a yellow flag. I wasn't involved.

The final incident was when I hit the back of an AI car while braking a bit late before the corkscrew. My fault, but it did show that the collision physics are still... not the best. I hit the back of the AI car straight on, at a very low speed, and yet my car still made a 360 spin. Makes no sense, specially at such a low speed. It's like there's no absorption or crunch at all in the collisions and instead the cars seem to actually repel each other in weird ways. Needs to be looked at.

But even with these incidents the race was amazing, with so much door to door action, and the Corvette I was driving felt so good on my T300... very happy with this patch so far :)
    And even happier that flatspots and pressures are finally being worked on, acording to Alex. Please try to not get distracted with other stuff until those are finished :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Having had some more time to test out the new patch I just wanted to give some additional feedback.

Firstly I'm finding the cars that have the latest physics and tyre model to be something of a break through moment for me in this game. Prior to these improvements I felt the game drove well and was a solid sim but always felt it was lacking something and that when I drove the car on or slightly beyond the limit that they were too stable. The latest patch has changed all that and I'm particularly pleased to see that it is now necessary to manage the tyre temperatures. For example I just tested out the Cayman Cup at Anderstorp and noted that if I pushed too hard in the last but one sweeping right hand turn the front left tyre would overheat, causing it to be easier to lock on the brakes and miss the apex at the final corner. Not only that but in all cases the new tyre model gives much more feel and the cars are more dynamic and fluid to drive. It really is great. Please get it out on to all the other cars in the game asap!

Second on the AI I feel they are vastly improved in this patch. I have done several races against them and they fight hard for position and duck and dive in a more stable manner. Their situational awareness is good and they sometimes even appear to concede a corner when on the outside only to use their superior road position to cut back under you as you exit the turn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Well for what ever reason I just can't drive any cars the same way anymore, the sharpness of the wheel rotation is just horrible, I can't adjust the ffb in setups to the way I previously used as the wheel because springy pulling left and right, the whole driving experience is just so different to what it was pre-patch, even I use default setups, going to be really pissed If I have to do a clean install and have to lose my setups and profiles..