Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Sent mine Alex..

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  3. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    this for me is a much needed fix and has been in rr for as long as I remember, please alex have a look.. ? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Been spending time in the FRjr, and the dtm92 cars... outstanding! the ai is better in the tracks I have run races on, they do still have corners they are slower on, but nothing like befor. I did have to spend time on each class to get the feel of the cars again. FRjr more so than the mustang in the dtm class.
    The FRjr, I really get a sense for being in the car, I feel the road better, the front wheels to me feel more apart of the asphalt now. It took some getting used to these cars again, but now that I have spent the time getting me acclimated to them, Im not willinmg to go back!!! The ffb settings I have been using really seem to work far better on this car than the others that I have tested. I use a fanatec clubsport V3 pedals, an Accuforce V1.0 wheel with thte latest software

DTM 92 Mustang... awesome power, thrill a minute. You really get a good sense for the power of the car now, Maybe not as nimble as the other cars, but certainly able to power its way down the straights now. I really like this car alot. It always was my favorite car in raceroom, now its all that I had always thought it should be.

Very nice update.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    DTM 92 hasn't had its physics update yet though..... I do enjoy driving them even though they're a bit vague and far to forgiving of bad driving. Look forward to them getting the update.

In other news: just did an hour race at zolder in the gtr2 RUF. My first time with this combination and adaptive AI did a great job. I qualified 7th had a bit of a scrappy drive including far to many mistakes on my part. Had NO issues at the chicane, AI drove well throughout and I felt it was a realistic challenge. They had their own incidents and yellow flag came out a few times. Some of them got stop go penalties for passing under yellow. They had varied pit strategies, some staying out longer than others. Absolutely knackered now from the concentration required...... Raceroom is just going from strength to strength in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Has anybody noticed that graphical effect which appears when the car is moving backwards or the reverse gear is picked? Thought this is a "brain damage effect" because i noticed it only after big impacts.

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sounds a lot like an issue that has already been reported. Try disabling motion blur and see if it still happens.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Damn. I thought I read they were updated. sorry my bad. Well the mustang feels better to me, guess it's the placebo effect.

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I just hope they don't lose the fun factor in the update. Because they are a bit too forgiving you can really throw them around and do things that in the real world would probably get you killed..... Whether realistic or not they have a great balance between grip and controlable slidyness (is that a word? It is now). I love the E30 in both DTM and group A flavours.

10. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Could you please try the BMW M1? It has a very awful steering now. In the middle is.... nothing. Its dead.
    On some other cars, like the Cayman GT4 and the Competizione GT2 it feels like it's steering is too sensitive. NithiNo changed here, but steering a mm and the car goes in tight curves.

Today I've had a very bad online sensation.
    I was driving around on a Nordschleife Tourist server and I had terrible lags. Never had that before the update. And: join lags are back .And that very massive.
    My graphics settings are like they are since almost a year now. And those problems are new to me.

Does someone has one of those problems?

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just tried the M1 and it feels fine on my end. Tried with default setup and it was ok, added a bit of steering lock and increased ffb multiplier slightly (I do this for most cars) and it feels great. Quite lively but easy to control the slide coming out of corners.

I use a Logitech g27 and it's set to 550 degrees in the profiler which I never change.

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried completely deleting your control profiles which live in documents folder (back up first) and starting with a clean one just to rule that out...

13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Tried the M1 also with default setup. Maybe steering feels a bit loose in the middle but for me absolutely believable for a car from 1979/1980. Steering the GT2´s and Cayman is perfect with Simucube - no issues

• Like Like x 1
  14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is it. Without Motion Blur the issue is gone

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson dialed the wheel back in now to where I like it, but had to do some changes which you can see below, also it seems to force me to use a high steering ratio in the setup menu, know idea why this situation has happened..

The two main ones for me to adjust were the vertical & lateral settings.

setup.jpg

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Do you mind sharing your Simucube and in-game settings?

17. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I’m wondering if what’s happening is some people aren’t used to the road feel. I can understand why some people would thinks it jittery. I rather like it. To me that’s the cars road response. I think you can ease it back a bit with the dampening setting in the ffb.

18. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    GTR2 ... it's about speed ...
    Departure from pit lane 1, 2 transfer is normal.
    Starting with 3 gear - begins problems ... (Hillclimb Lakeview - bicycle handlebar)
    PS: GTR3, Hillclimb Icons, ... Everything is great!
    * Test Drive ... WTCR - Good, GTR4 as GTR2 :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Cayman, pushing throttle everything is okay. Holding the throttle, shifting up to the next gear and the car wants to spin.

Why is this behaviour? Is this intended?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I also had to increase both the FFB and steering sensitivity to 100%. And the FFB effects settings are adjusted to personal favor. Also dialed up the slip effect -> was 15% now 40%. All this for my CSL Elite.