Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    No... the corners where I usually scrape the walls have no curbs. It's usually just a very light scrape and then the car gets pulled against the wall like a magnet.

I haven't noticed it much lately since I've gotten better at driving that track without touching the walls, but it still happens once in awhile. I've had the same happening on a few other tracks as well, but only once or twice since most other tracks don't have walls so close to the road.

T300

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ok thanks

Andi

3. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    trying to duplicate this , can you give me a rough idea off where , all walls , some etc and can i get a copy of your .rcs file , controller etc ; and what are you using as a controller

Andi

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0

5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    yeah i got that , want the original end users one as well ....herve....

Andi

6. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    I'll do that tomorrow with a video
    Small mige

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Oh i see :D

8. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  9. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    To me this really just looks like the wide rear end is causing this, the rear hits the wall on the left -> front gets turned to the left because of the force from the wall -> you now have a constant slip angle towards the wall, even with a straight steering wheel. So this means you have to turn way more to be able to escape the wall, which probably causes the feeling of being magnetised to the wall, though ofcourse I can't say much on that without feeling the exact FFB you got in the videos.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Looks very much like the over size rear arches on the Porsche keep the nose squeezed hard against the wall, sort of how I'd expect it to react, as opposed to the Beemer, which has a more conventional layout.
    Have experienced this myself in RR but having not ran the side of a motor along an Armco to gauge whether this is an accurate depiction of real life, under similar circumstances, I will stick with my original thought, until proven wrong.
    Knowing this forum, I'd give myself 3 minutes before being shot down in a ball of flames! :rolleyes:

*Jeez, I have got to type faster with my Arthritic hands, at least I'm not on fire!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    :rougir:

[url = https: //postimages.org/] [​IMG]

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    It would be good if they could be setup like this for example, if you have a 12 way rotary switch and say have brake bias at position 1, TC at position 2, fuel map at 3, turbo boost at 4, etc and then have a mappable button to increase the value and another mappable button to decrease the value. I believe iRacing has this already

13. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    So is it really true that multiplayer server has no option for possible jump starts?o_O I searched in the forums but couldn't find an answer.

I noticed it in my recent WCR league races that i can't do a jump start. Just simply press Launch control, full throttle and release LC. The car starts automatically on green. This is no challenge at all.
    I thought this is just a server setting, where false starts are disabled. But i'm really surprised that this option is missing.
    So where is the problem? :confused:

14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The problem is the same as it always is: people.

The possibility of jumpstarts was introduced some time ago but removed again due to people abusing it by literally crashing the start procedure.

I think disabling manual starts as default for the normal open server, but still having the possibility to enable it for proper league racing, would have been the better choice. But maybe there were some other technical difficulties I'm just not aware of.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Maybe related to the rolling start problems, probably another feature that is available but with so much butchery to the existing engine, when enabled cocks something else up. A feature that is possible but is man hour intensive to reintegrate, so something that may appear in the future, hope so, as an important part of racing. Saying that, with the reactions of a Sloth on barbiturates these days, not really gonna improve my chances.