Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    It would be good if they could be setup like this for example, if you have a 12 way rotary switch and say have brake bias at position 1, TC at position 2, fuel map at 3, turbo boost at 4, etc and then have a mappable button to increase the value and another mappable button to decrease the value. I believe iRacing has this already

2. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 0
    So is it really true that multiplayer server has no option for possible jump starts?o_O I searched in the forums but couldn't find an answer.

I noticed it in my recent WCR league races that i can't do a jump start. Just simply press Launch control, full throttle and release LC. The car starts automatically on green. This is no challenge at all.
    I thought this is just a server setting, where false starts are disabled. But i'm really surprised that this option is missing.
    So where is the problem? :confused:

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +276 / 0
    The problem is the same as it always is: people.

The possibility of jumpstarts was introduced some time ago but removed again due to people abusing it by literally crashing the start procedure.

I think disabling manual starts as default for the normal open server, but still having the possibility to enable it for proper league racing, would have been the better choice. But maybe there were some other technical difficulties I'm just not aware of.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +559 / 0
    Maybe related to the rolling start problems, probably another feature that is available but with so much butchery to the existing engine, when enabled cocks something else up. A feature that is possible but is man hour intensive to reintegrate, so something that may appear in the future, hope so, as an important part of racing. Saying that, with the reactions of a Sloth on barbiturates these days, not really gonna improve my chances.