Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    It's a shame the look to apex is what I call the bad version, which goes by the input of the wheel, which only seems to start moving if you use 70% of your rotation, the better type and what I was hoping for is the one that goes by drivers eye, so as you approach the corner it mimics what the drivers eye would be doing ie, looking at the apex.

As for the GT4's, nice addition, but the interior engine sounds so unnatural, but maybe that's what they sound like, I have no idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    AI-Selector? No?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, there were some VR improvements as well (like the increased fps in loading screens). J-F will update the changelog as we discover what else has been improved. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    For me it's the other way around. The look to apex that mimics the driver's eyes when approaching a corner gets confusing for me. The Raceroom one is more predictable. Guess it all comes down to personal preference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tw1st

tw1st Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    GTR3 - Adjustments to the balance of performance (power, downforce, fuel consumption, etc)

Can you maybe tell us what you exactly changed for every car?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nice catch, thanks for reporting. Forwarded.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    @Gopher04 Can you try again and report back with a fresh controller profile with the same ffb settings please ? :)

8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

unfortunately I noticed some bugs:

If I try to change the settings of "Ghost" or "Difficulty" by using the left or right button nothing happens. So I can't switch on / off ghost car or choose between the different difficulties (Amateur, Novice, Get Real, Own Settings). I can find the same issue in menu for the settings of the "Helm Movement" and "Look to Apex", which are set to 100% and 0%. The rest of the setting options work fine. Any idea???

20181128225013_1.jpg
    20181128230339_1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  9. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's my crappy driving but I can't seem to brake like the ai anymore... Seem to be really struggling to match their heavy braking in to corners

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I just tried all of the settings you mentioned and they all worked correctly on my end.
    Are you using a non-standard resolution by any chance (triples, ultrawide etc)?

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    For example
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Hmm, would have suspected some issue with the clickboxes becoming misalligned if you use some exotic res, but if that ain't the case...
    I can definitely forward it, but not sure what can be done about it. Would be good to get your graphics_options.xml, maybe there's sth stupid going on in there.

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That file is in ...Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData

13. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    As an avid retro car driver, I'm very pleased that the clutch and H-shifter now is behaving much better. But there are still some issues:

1. Many of the cars I have tested still have a slipping clutch, at least when starting from a standstill. Pressing the pedal to the metal and dumping the clutch in 1st gear should result in a decent burnout for most of the cars in the game, but it usually doesn't - because the clutch is slipping. This applies at least to the touring classics, the DTM92 are perhaps a bit better, but as far as I can see, most of them are still showing signs of clutch slipping when trying to do a burnout. Not that burnouts are supposed to be part of the game, but the cars just don't behave right in these situations.

2. It seems the group 5 turbo charged cars also behave very strange when trying the same thing. They will just drop the rpm, as if the engine had no momentum at all. Same goes for the Audi GTO. Even though a turbo charged engine often will have less momentum than a naturally aspirated engine, I believe all these cars would be more than happy to do a burnout in real life. The non-turbo group 5 cars (Monza and Corvette) will burnout like there's no tomorrow when dumping the clutch like this.

I haven't done extensive testing with all the cars, but it's obvious there are still some issues to resolve with the clutch in many of the H-shifter cars. (I'm using get real and manual clutch, of course.)

3. When overhauling the touring classics - please put the 5 speed transmission back in the E30 to make it a bit different from the DTM92 version. (Yeah, yeah, I know I've been nagging about this like two hundred times already, but still ... if you're going to overhaul it anyways, this should be a golden opportunity to set things right.) :)

4. Forgot to mention, the cameras don't seem to save right. It seems when adjusting the cockpit camera for one car, some of the adjustments also affects other cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just popping by to say great update, was going to try loads of new stuff but ended up hotlapping the M3 gtr2 for a couple of hours instead. Epic epic car that now. Like the look to apex but don't set it to high....70 gives a subtle but useful effect. I haven't noticed any weird bugs yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    for point 1, I believe this is intentional to prevent exploits while upshifting. If the clutch did not slip like this you could set up the clutch like an on-off button, slam in the gear, without lifting and be a ton faster than doing it properly. The only alternative would be to simulate gearbox/engine damage in the case of abusing this, but that would be pretty difficult to implement without it affecting normal use.

Point 2 is something we also reported and is probably made a bit worse by the slipping clutch, but especially the group 5 cars have absolutely tiny engines, only producing massive power because of the turbo, so as soon as you drop out of turbo range they will just crawl away.

16. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I am blown away with this but ... Sepang is free ? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Not totally resolvable without a complete overhaul of the affected cars.. which happens to be something which is currently in the works for at least two of those three classes. Hope you can grin and bear it with the knowledge that something much better is coming!

Don't worry, that sort of detail is the sort of thing I love to include. Wouldn't it be cool if both the 2.3 and the 2.5 engine were represented too..? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Like a good boy I back up certain things just in case, one of which are my control profiles, so just put them in again over the ones that got left there before the update, and it seems most are back to normal again, though the new GT4's do have this more noticeable center point.

Is it meant to be that the TC on the new GT4's is back to front? ie the highest setting is now no.1 and lowest no.6.

The pitch up/down/left/right adjustment still causes a problem once you watch a replay, as soon as you come out of replay the view has gone from cockpit to some sort of bumper view and you have to reset with default, was present when these option were introduced earlier on.

19. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Yes that's right, and it's the same as the X-Bow RR

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Great update, on the whole the game feels somehow more complete and fresher.

The GT2 cars have a lot of feel now and require a delicate touch to get the best out of them. The AI give a good race in the scenerios I tested out and have good spacial awareness without just giving you the corner too. Haven't tested out any of the GT4 cars yet but no doubt I will be impressed!