Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we changed that for all cars as it made more sense to us that the first time you drive something new, traction control is set to a high/safe setting to begin with.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I love you, Alex. :oops:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    From the description, "Zakspeed replica on series capri, 2.8i turbo with 345 / 35-15 and 75% lock"

That's twice the engine of our little 1.4

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I know. But still, a 600 bhp car should be able to do a decent burnout when properly provoked. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No. No. No. No. No.

I get the point, but just have it set to default at 6 then. You can't have 1 with higher TC than 6. It makes no logical sense. I don't like this.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Very happy with the manual clutch, Bravo @Alex Hodgkinson ! :)
    lot of good stuff!
    I enjoy the Look to Apex thing, it's a great and helpful improvement: I feel much more natural than before in the turns (I have a simple screen).
    The possibility of individually putting off some assists is just great for driving sensations :)
    In that way, I enjoyed The GT2 Cadillac with the new physic, and I can't wait to test the other GT2s.
    Kudos S3 :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    this happen to a guy of italian raceroom facebook fanpage (his picture) and also to me. i use ocolus.

but speaking about the update, we have a new star: bmw gtr2. imho the best car in the game, by far. probably one of the best over all the titles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Don't we have the Div. 1 1.7L? It's 600hp and 830Kg on the description, matching the Div 1 hp, weight seems light for the Div 1 but heavy for the Div 2 (some sources cite 895KG for the Div 1, like the team that made the DRM mod), but could be due to no driver accounted. I can't tell about the 3D model, because the later Div 1s with narrower rear spoiler look a lot like Div 2s. Even the front extended spoiler is inconclusive, because recent pictures of the 1980 Div 1 #1 car show it with those brake duct openings like those present in some 2012 1981 #2 Div 2 photos. I can't find pictures with brake ducts with that shape on old 80-81 DRM photos for both cars.

The Div 2 1.4L should have a power output lower than 500hp and a 790Kg figure. Like the one Peter Zakowski currently drives (assuming this car, it's rebuilt to spec, w/ 81's Ludwig Div 2. livery, but fitted with a wider Div 1 front spoiler link, they also refer the Div 1 as 600hp in the article)

Edit:
    Also regarding this, you might look into the previous discussions about the same matter. At some point it became impossible to not be stuck on the starting line when using autoclutch+paddles/gamepad shifting on Gr5/GTO turbo cars, while watching the AI quickly departing with the same cars. After some back and forth with the devs, this was solved in a way that made possible to let the auto-clutch slip and keep high rpm while requiring good accelerator control to limit rear burn, instead of having the engine bogging down immediately.

Right now it's still possible to do a good start without assists (other than the aforementioned auto-cluch) with the Gr5 Capri on default setup, and auto-clutch + gear change buttons on my gamepad (so, shifting pads on a wheel with 2 pedals too, I assume). You'll need to keep brakes applied, and do short accelerator bursts (to mid-high rpm) to force engage autoclutch and rev up quickly, and time them with the green lights. So when its green and the rpm is high, one releases brakes and keeps throttle applied at max. By this way, it's possible to make the auto-clutch slip for long and keep good rpm without the engine bogging down (or do a violent rear burn), resulting in a good launch among the AI (if properly timed). After the car starts rolling with the auto-clutch slipping, most times it doesn't seem needed to alleviate the throttle to prevent it from sliping too much/go sideways out of control.

IIRC, previously it was possible to keep in N, rev up hitting the limiter (or keeping the rpm needle a little before it), press "gear up" at green (this would take precious time) and then control the immediate burn with the accelerator. This method now seems to cause a bog down to low rpm, because the auto-clutch will be released quickly.
    With the alternative brakes pressed/accel bursts method described in the previous paragraph, it also worked even better (because the auto clutch release was more controlled/slower), but it was still required to control the accelerator to minimize the excessive rear slip, more than currently.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    This one is nice. Very often there is somebody completely going afk and ghosting around on s/f during the whole race. Not dangerous, but distracting and totally unimmersive... ;) Nice to see this being gone.

Love to read this. AI improvements are always very welcome. Although I mostly don't race them, I still use to have a few of them in my training sessions.

Tried it, works perfectly. A totally different car over curbs now. Also has significantly shorter gears now. It's the only GT3 car that I'm aware of where I'm in 6th gear BEFORE Eau Rouge already. I'm a bit concerned about running into the limiter on Döttinger Höhe, but I haven't tried this yet. All new numbers, so setup needs to be made new from scratch, but it's absolutely worth it! :)

Now @Alex Hodgkinson, don't do this to me... :D I mean: "Improved corner entry behaviour" - really? Who ever complained about corner entry behaviour on the M6? :tearsofjoy: I really didn't know what to think when I read this. Then I just tried it and the whole car is a completely different drive now. Of course all new numbers, setup to be made new from scratch, but still: absolutely superb what you did here. Just please don't bug me with a changelog entry like this... :tonguewink: And it's surely not too fast now I think.

@Alex Hodgkinson, I'd like to know a bit more about this point... :D I haven't looked through all the GT3s so far. Have the suspension numbers changed on all or most of them, or is this mostly for the R8 and M6? Should we reset all GT3 setups and start from scratch?

Although I can't stand the KTM for its looks, I have to say all of them are a great drive. I find all of them quite tricky around Eau Rouge, and they all have quite some lift off oversteer. A lot more difficult to drive than most of the GT3s. I guess this comes down to the fact that they have far worse weight + power to grip ratio than the GT3s. Very challenging!

Mission accomplished here! :D The car feels quite a bit more civilized than before. I'm sure some people will miss the old behaviour, but tbh I think it was too twitchy.

I just couldn't try everything on this list so far (obviously), but I'd like to thank all the Sector3 team, including the free Beta-testers, for their efforts to bring us this great update! :)

And for the end a short question: I noticed the default TC-settings on the cars I tried so far are reversed now. Highest value on 1, lowest on 6. Why? Tbh I find this arrangement to be unintuitive.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Just noticed this one in the store. I know quite some people have been asking for this:
    2018-11-29 02_10_53-Store - RaceRoom Racing Experience.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    @Sector3 - Thanks to all the devs and testers for giving us such an incredible range of awesome toys to play with! The game is going from strength to strength! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Bought the GT4 Cayman and spent some time driving it on a track that I have drove in RL. What a riot! That car is so fun and using throttle lift/trail braking to get it to rotate into a corner is a blast. I think I could probably get a bit faster with a few adjustments but it was so much fun driving it with the default setting that I never got around to it.

14. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Somehow missing a shift and having to go back into N before going back into gear is crazy town. Just grind and slow the car down. Add insult to injury but playing online I can hear the guys auto-blipping with their paddles - they are effectively faster up and down shifting now.. There is real no advantage to using a clutch other than enjoyment - sadly that enjoyment is interrupted by several things still not working quite right as you pointed out. They said they spent a lot of time on this - I don't doubt it, but it's really a swing and a miss for me.

Lots of other great things in the update.. REALLY wish we could get multiplayer starts to be like all the other sims where you can false start.. rather than just mashing the throttle and having the game engage a clutch. Having a good launch is a skill and very important to racing, this just seems like a terrible over-sight..

Nathan

15. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I did notice this also, with my CSW 2.5 and the CSL Elite Racing PS4
    Will try to start from scratch Profile now and report back.

16. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone else having problems under heavy braking compared to the ai or is it just me? I was really struggling with the porsche gt3 cup car last night. Also anyone else try the wtcr at zhuhai?? The ai just drive off the track at the last hairpin...well about a third of them was.... They didn't before

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Yea, this is the 6 inline engine here, nothing to do with the original Zakspeed's 4L Turbo. It got tons of torque indeed, but you would be surprised how laggy the old gr.5 engines could be, and it also depends on the pressure settings ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    AMG MERCEDES C KLASSE DTM 1995 Lost again in the dedicated server after the update

19. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    And so is the FRJ!

Experiment for now. But it should NOT be a short experiment. I will be interested in seeing how it will impact steam reviews and the retaining of players in the game on the long run. With this update we are improving on two aspects that keep coming back in negative reviews on steam: not enough free content and too hard to drive

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  20. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I’m playing with the ancient ass G27. And if anything I’m getting more details. But then I’ve only played the new GTR2’s and the FR2’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018