Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue with gt3 cup,near impossible to brake without locking front,tried changing brake balance and brake force but nothing,the AI is wonderfull in braking.You have to brake very far from corners and so lap times are not the best.Also we lost most settings for this car.Is one of my favourite but seems always skidding when turning.In AC is a joy, sas holding it get better with update

2. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Didnt testet the update yet. Can test it tomorrow. Especially the new h-pattern/clutchstuff im interested, since ive got myself csr elite v1Pedals last week. Perfect Timing for the oatch

But its nice to her that there is more free stuff. Although i have everything, i think its the Best way for a free to play title, to offer free stuff.
    Especially, if ever, the ranked/sceduled MP comes into the game. So you can create a nice baseleague and encourage New Players to stay in and buy more to steps up in the higher/next league with the payd stuff.

But to this free-content has to be statt of the Art to catch people. But I think FRJ and Sepang are really good eyecatcher.

3. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    The same here, impossible looking to the things written

4. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    In AC 911cup is abs on them by default. RR uses the original factory specification 911cup, which without ABS.

5. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    What are you comparing with? In theory, you need to compare with IRL lap times.

6. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to make any comparation, i have both. I just noticed is impossible to brake with 911cup...i have fanatec v3 pedals and every time i try to brake with very little effort it locks the front. I changed a lot the settings of the brake balance and pressure but nothing.I also tried to go down with in game brake pressure to 1% and 5% on the wheel...and still locks the front in main straight.I definitively think is an issue. I switched to gt3 cars and without the abs with default setting for brake pressure in game and 15 on my fanatec i have no issues.Hope someone look at this and solve this issue or teach me how to brake with this car... ;)

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well said old bean, agree entirely and with your very last point, maybe changing the actual numbers would alleviate everyone's confusion. So every car starts in mode 6 rather than 1. Then again you can manually put them all back to how they were as you go along. So not a major headache. Just something else for an old fart like me to forget! :rolleyes:
    Take the GT2's out for a run, they are wonderful, well the M3 is, as far as I've got, as I now can't put it down.

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    can you give it a try with a GTR1-Car?

GTR3-Cars have ABS on factory-default... not sure if you are able to disable ABS on GT3-Cars completly now...

9. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You can ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Ok i will try gtr1 cars and see what happens.If you can please try 911cup and tell my what are your feelings

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I definitely will as I'm quite curios now ;) But it would take a while as I'm at work at the moment...

the GT3 Cup is very special on brakes, as it is quite light on front, due to the rear-engine. I was struggeling with it before the patch already and hoped it would be a bit easier now - but as you wrote it seems to be vice versa ...

12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Driven the GT3 Cup one season at Virtual Racing in a league and it was very hard to drive. So hard, that some racers quit the season before ending it.
    I really had the hopes, that it would come a bit easier now after the patch, but couldn't drive it anymore after it.

But: since the league I never had driven it and in the meantime I've driven only GTR1/3/DTM and their are much easier.

Could be, that I've forgotten how to drive the Cup Porsche, but yesterday it was a real mess with it ;)

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I do understand your logic here but from a personal opinion I prefer the old way..

I think the Cayman Cup car is a real joy now to drive, the best out of the update for sure..;)

14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I've tried the 911 Cup car and while it's still a difficult car to drive, it's better than before update.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. MarcoLiverpool

MarcoLiverpool New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is there a list of all cars which are non sequential???? I got a H Shifter this week and I want try it out.

I pointed out the DTM1992 Clas as well as the Touring Classics. But are there any other?

Oliver

16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You've got to remember that the 911 is almost unique in its layout, being properly rear engined. So it requires a driving style tailored to it. With hardly any weight on the front the steering is naturally light and if you don't load the tyres up they just won't do anything. Weight transfer is massively important, you need to brake hard and early but then trail brake to keep weight over the front wheels. If you remove brakes or apply throttle before the apex it will naturally understeer. There's no magical setup that will make these easy to drive, you must learn how to make the car work. Put the time in and it will reward you.

Have a look at this video, this guy drives cup cars in real life and in sim (iracing spit), the principles should hold for any sim though.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Group 5 are and formula junior are (fJ is a fantastic car and now free, you should definitely give it a go). NSU maybe but not 100% on that.

18. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You also have GTO Classics, Group 5 and KTM X-Bow.

EDIT: And Formula Junior, thanks @ravey1981
    NSU, I don't know either

19. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
  20. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    You pretty much summed it up, this car is a gem that requires proper practice and skill. Once you master the weight transfer on it you can make it dance on nords and I don’t know if there is anything more satisfying than that :D

• Like Like x 1