Released 30-03-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I did delete the AI file and 2x15 min race on Mid-Ohio and they are bitching hot!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Except for Jacky Ickx!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

Things I experienced so far.
    1. Massive performance loss (power) for the Prototypes. About 30 km/h slower on top speed and less acceleration. Is this intented?
    2. Still massive lagging/freezing when another player enters the training-/qualifying session.
    3. Still half/fully invisible cars in MP-Race behaving like rabbits. Hopping and popping around the track.
    4. What's the point on the setup-thing? Did I misunderstood something there? AFAIS the old setups are still working without having to reset.
    Only changes I now make (after the patch) have to be saved manually with a new name?
    Or do I have to reset all setups now for all cars and tracks to get the advantage of the new physics?
    5. Wingman camera angle should be more adjustable downwards. The way as it was before the patch.

EDIT
    6. Still unreadable chat-text during the race when bright areas are in the background.
    7. "Something has gone wrong - Error 503" for about one hour now.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    THX for the stream.

5. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    This update is awesome!!! :D

Brilliant work on FFB!
    100 cars on Spa (36 visible) and no hiccups! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    No problem, was a cool evening with you guys!
    See you on track or next stream (tomorrow same time). ^^

7. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    anyone stuck at the confirming purchase screen? Been stuck there with the spinning lines for 15 minutes.......must be hung but afraid to kill it.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Say isnt so! I usually run it at around 37. 25 will be no where near enough for me

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the delay, I don't think it's strictly necessary, but I would suggest so.

10. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very mutch, very good job Sector3 ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I dont know if this is known bug or not, but every time when new player connect to server I got maybe 0,5 second lag. This was happening also on previous version, not only now after patch. I dont think that its caused by low PC performance. RaceRoom is running smooth and without any lags except this specific situation. Same happening on two other PC's.
    Its very disturbing mainly during qualification when you trying to make fast lap. Now its even worse on Nordschleife as its long as hell, so there is high chance that you got multiple these lags during one lap. During practice I dont really care.
    Luckily new players cannot connect to server during race. It would really ruin a lot of races.
    Any chance to fix this bug?

12. ДДºMortICi

ДДºMortICi Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    How I feel right now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Just want to give some MAJOR kudos to the S3S team on the overall optimizations. Today I was able to stream and record at 720 30 fps while also playing at 1080 on both Spa and Nords with 99 AI cars with only the slightest hiccups on initial load when cars were scrambling out of the pits. I legitimately don't know what kind of amazing magic you all did to get things that optimized, but it's just flat out amazing. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Man, hot weather 93 °F :mad: no air-con, no fan, my pc is almost exploding, but i don't care, i am enjoying the new update :cool:

just doing couple savings to get that Nordsch track! :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    you can put your laptop on an external fan. that's, what i did in the past ;)

16. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    No kidding my laptop need more the fan than me :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    First of all, I would like to thank you for this update! Its really amazing to drive around the nordschleife with the new GT3-Physics!
    But sadly I still have to make a very critcal point: Months ago you make a preview of "Additional Weight" that can be added to cars on multiplayer servers. In the BOP discussion of the GTR3's I also mentioned this a couple of times as one solution. There it was told, that the logic is there and so it could be implemented really fast. Why it isnt released with this update? The league-racing really needs this feature 1.to make its own BOP and 2.to give championships more tension with adding weight for the podium, so you wont get serial winners..
    greetings Julian

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So i have manualy to delete the meanwhile created adaptive ai file and start the performance calibration again?
    Where do i find them?

19. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I havent seen any reports on the quali/race bug. Is it solved?

20. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I was just looking for the old thread but couldn't find it. Yesterday after purchasing Nordschleife I joined a MP race in quali mode. When switching from quali to race the game crashed. Earlier the screen froze but now the difference is that I am back on my desktop and I got a windows message that R3E crashed while my wheel tried to steer to the right like crazy. This was my only attempt after lots of 503 errors and then I decided better to go to bed :confused:

• Informative Informative x 2