Released 30-03-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Update excellent, but happiness !!! :hearteyes:

thank you to all the team Sector3 :)

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    C:\Users\abc\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Player1, file is called aiadaptation.xml
    Well, hopes were high, but
    I mean as I understand it didn't freeze, which is good. But I guess it shouldn't have crashed either...:oops:

3. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Earlier I could hear starting cars and the only solution at the end was a hard reset. Now as it crashed to desktop it's a kind of improvement o_O. Btw raceroom was still in the task manager and slowing down my system significantly. Maybe chosing the P4/5 in the GT3 class is in connection with this issue but actually this makes no sense. Will try some more MP sessions...soon.

4. MilchSchniTTe

MilchSchniTTe New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello Sector 3,
    is there a solution to join your own dedicated Server ? (other People can join, except the host)
    is there a possibility to play a offline championchip with multiple classes on the track (like you can add different classes online)
    is there a possibility to add AI to a multiplayer lobby, so you can race with 5 friends and bots ?

Thanks for your time and the great update

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Offline had been confirmed for a future patch, no timescale yet.

AI in MP is a "looking into it" I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Check to see if your router has a facility called 'NAT Loopback'. If it does, make sure it is enabled and you will then be able to race on your own server. Unfortunately not all routers have this function which explains why some people are able to race on their own servers while others are not.

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have a feeling it will be fine today, network overload issues after patch release yesterday would give all sorts of network related errors, including crashes, I had all sorts of errors but kept plugging away and once I was in have not had an issue since, all to do with cashing the data, could have given up but sooo glad I didn't, such a leap forward and so much more to look forward to, pure bliss!

8. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I heard today is coming offline patch. :rolleyes:

Welcome April!

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We really need a warm-up session or at least some cooldown time before the race start. It is nice that you can change fuel now, but with the session swapping over so quickly, in the last time I ended up starting on quali fuel.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Orisa

Orisa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    What a Brilliant patch.
    The GT3 cars drive now fantastic. The P1 & P2 class is put together good and also has a great driving feeling. The Mini dog, big grids. Just wow
    Probably the best Nordschleife in gaming area ... S3 is in track construction since unbeatable.

But unfortunately I found a bug on Hockenheim GP. The entrance into the box counts as leaving the track. If a anohter vehicle near, you get a red flag. :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    very very good work, thank you very much :);)

13. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks. Deleted. Will see what happens....

14. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    GT3 feel great, even on default DFGT set up...ran grid of 35 at Spa, fantastic...just put it on monitor and watched the show! The mini HUD is a winner.
    I like the fact I can upgrade my existing WTCC 2014 cars for 79vrp...cant wait to try them. As for Nords, $10 is fair for all this, I pay $10 for AC DLC and only use 1 track and couple of cars. Happy camper.

15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for such a brilliant patch. Especially the 99 cars on grid support that left me grinning as I race on spa with 50 cars on. 30+ fps. The performance hit is expected but it had been a while since I had such massive grid.

Really can't wait to see multiclass feature added so I can do proper large grid multiclass races.

I'm really looking forward to the GTR3 pack too, more cars on grid would mean better huge grid races. If S3 is thinking of integrating classes, why not put the GTR2 into GTR3? Many games in the market put GT2 and GT3 in one class while in terms of regulations, GT2 is a lot closer to GT3 in terms of performance than GT1.

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    As Christian subsequently already mentioned, this was changed because the newer cars that have revised suspension physics were bouncing far too much on this track. I dont recall exactly how it was explained to me, but this is more or less a visual problem related to a "bounciness" value of the track surface.

I have tested this before this fix was put out and afterwards, and didnt feel any FFB difference. So Im quite positive this had no affect on the physical road surface that the physics engine uses to calculate the FFB forces from.

There may be more tracks in the future where this same treatment is given to a track... as I have my own list of tracks that are a bit too bumpy with certain cars currently.

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I would imagine you are using the P2 cars ;) Either of the Radical SR9's, the Corvette DP, the DMD P21, or the Mistral M531? These are a separate and slower class than the P1's. And they generally are about 5 seconds slower than the P1's now.

This is to mimic the real world Le Mans series prototypes to an extent. I believe you will find that the Radical SR9's (which were real world LMP2 cars) and the eventual Audi R18 when it releases match their real world lap times in R3E quite well. For instance, take the Radical to Spa, or Mid Ohio, or Nurburgring... then find some times online.. they will be pretty close ;)

Whenever a car receives upgraded physics, it is always recommended to reset the setup to default because the setup values usually change and the cars will behave really weird otherwise. For cars that werent updated, this isnt necessary.

After resetting to default, and making any changes you want to keep, you will need to manually save the setup and it will save separately for each track.

This is a known issue. Not sure what the cause is, but I believe the devs are going to look into this and see if they can fix it. It's been in R3E as long as I can remember so it may be one of those bugs that proves highly difficult to fix if it even can be.

I'd just like to say a few words about this since this was a major point of the patch.

Ever since bigger grids were discussed and eventually planned to be implemented, there was of course much thought put into how to do that, while not killing the performance of the game so people could actually utilize this new feature to its full potential.

In working towards this goal, the main culprit in killing performance was of course the huge amount of AI. For a minimum of the past 3 months, the devs have been busting their... backsides :D... to optimize the AI to not be as much of a resource hog as it used to be. They were pretty much working nonstop and tweaking things constantly during this time since the last update just to improve the performance enough so that the game would still be playable. You have no idea the headaches that went into getting the AI to where it is now while making sure that they are still race-able and dont act too wonky.

Of course, the AI isnt perfect since there was so much work done to them, and there may be a few bugs that still persist with crashing, or weird braking on parts of tracks... but the devs are still working on improving things. My hope is that there arent any nasty bugs that somehow slipped through the cracks, but I dont doubt that if there are some, that they will be fixed. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just made some small testing last night, will have some more time sunday night for a more extensive look.

The music in the menus was a nice touch, makes a more complete impression of the game.
    Tried some of the newly updated cars and the Vesta and they all felt nice, my only gripe what goes for the cars was the Audi 90 that felt a bit to tame and grippy now..

The Nords looked really good, and all layouts except the 24h layout ran smooth.
    Bigger grids wasn't something my system liked, will have to do some more testing with the visual cars to find my limit with that.

Awesome to have fuel implemented!!

By the way, anybody else noticed that the steam charts broke for this update?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Tried the P2's last night...35 cars at Spa...feels great...love them now. Good work!

• Like Like x 2
  20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Just want to say Thank You S3S! Today I tried an update, and I like new FFB, notably slip effect, per car multiplier, and minimal force setting. FFB is really nice, and to me is my favorite out of GTR2/Race07/pCars/rF2.

Somebody mentioned that already, but this is my +1 for a minor issue introduced:

* Displaying "DRS available"/"DRS Active" overlay makes no sense while driving in the cockpit. This is visible in MOTEC LCD.
    * Would be nice if "Cut track warning"/"Penalty" overlay be optional. Crew Chief announces that, and overlay reduces immersion.

Would be nice to be able to set that on/off, or at least expose flags in the .PLR.

• Like Like x 1