Released 30-03-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Mar 31, 2016.

1. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That issue has been reported to the devs to take a look at ;)

Guess you can turn on TC if you manually set the % in the setup. Didnt notice that at first, but it probably shouldnt be that way. :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sector3, can you please give us an option to enable the shadows under the cars in the mirrors?

I think with a small screen it's not really a big deal..but with a large screen it's really annoying, thank you very much.

"And actually my screen is really large!":p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    Just a thought I have:
    Looking at the steam charts I think a more steadily update approach as you have now is beneficial for the player base.
    You can see an increase just after the patch dec last year, then it starts dropping of till the next patch arrives.

But looking att the march patch with those steady weekly updates following, the player base stays high and even keeps rising.
    You are now at the highest Average players to date, soon up to 300 on average.
    And it's not that hard to find big grid races in MP anymore! :)

How about focusing on doing monthly feature / bug fixing patches with a bit less things being changed / added?
    Maybe with only one or two features added and small fixes, and in between them release some liveries / a car / a pack or track that being pushed in the patches.

I think this would be a lot better for all parts, than waiting several months for those really big and awesome patches. ;)
    Keeping the game steadily fresh and exciting, will give a steady boost to the player base, generating more coverage from reviews on youtube and attracting more players to MP, which in turn also getting more people to jump on this great sim! :kissingheart:

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Could we get hotfix for setup saving? There seems to be issue with pathing - some tracks save their files to just layout folder instead of Track\Layout. I'm sure there is problem with Brands Hatch, Hungaroring, Slovakiaring, Red Bull Ring, Paul Ricard, Zadvoort and Zolder.

Temporary solution is to go to \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups and manually move setup files to correct folders. Folder names seem to be exactly the same as track and layout names in game or store (so Zandvoort is Circuit Park Zandvoort, Oschersleben is Motorsport Arena Oschersleben, etc). It's good to name setups with trackname in RaceRoom, because you might have end up with lot of files in Grand Prix folder :)

And those *.uvm files in CarSetups folder are just for steering setup, so don't touch them. Actual setup files have *.svm extension.

EDIT:
    Actually i had Brands Hatch\Indy and just Indy. Weird. So probably it's not connected to particular tracks.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Nice idea but with 7 (I believe) in house devs and and a handful of remote based artists that could be a tall order, would be great though, am so getting used to Thursdays lately and with known up and coming VLN, F4 Tatus and another update promised for end of month S3's certainly having a Purple patch! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    But I'm not asking them to expand their working times or content releases, just a restructure.
    Instead of waiting several months between the patches, and releasing a handful of features, fixes and content, release a smaller patch every month with what ever feature that are finished, bug fix, and if ready, what ever content they can push to release within the following weeks.

This will evidently keep the player base higher than longer times of silence, and that in turn will make it more likely that new players trying the game for the first time actually finding servers with people in them.
    More likely they will stay and also buy content.
    Better for us, we don't have to wait as long for the updates, increased playerbase that don't degrade between the patches, and more revenue to the company.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Like I said, Nice idea! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I hear you. :)
    I just wanted to clarify that this idea wasn't meant to make them work harder or hire more staff, just a change of pace.

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    It seems, this is a common subject in software development.
    It's quite funny, because yesterday I'v been on 30. anniversery of our secondary school diploma. A class mate is working in software development and finally we came out at Agile Software Development.
    Well, I ain't an expert in this matter, but what you can read, it provides programmers with the possibility of short reaction to changed requirements and leads to frequently delivered updates.
    But as mentioned before, I'm a layman in this subject and already very happy, my pc works fine when I press the switch and I can start Raceroom.:D

11. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    The problem with Agile (and I've a lot of experience project managing development teams in this and also waterfall based methodologies) is that it requires very close integration between dev teams, product management and the 'beta testers / focus groups' that input the changes. This works well in some situations but won't work well for game development, simply because you have a user base that wants so many different changes / fixes and additions, a lot of which conflict and compete for resources. Also, there is no accountability from the user base as to which changes get completed. Even organising a representative group of users to vote and agree on changes would be a huge undertaking.

In addition for such a small dev team they do not have the resources to deviate from the (likely) in place roadmap....every hour coding something is time spent not coding something else.

XP / Scrum / Composed methodologies might work but would require a very heavy investment / learning curve.

Bah....now I've depressed myself at the thought of having to go to work tomorrow.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I'm very sorry, that never was my intention.;)

13. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I love the new part with fuel and all. But in DTM 2015 the fuel tanks is only 118liter which is according to the setup screen enough for 17laps. So in my race 2 which will be 30minutes, and I guess thats like 18-19laps.

So if I run full distance(As in real life) that will be 60minute race and then you have to do atleast 1 pitstop with refuell. But DTM dont refuell irl so should not tank size be bigger in the DTM cars?...

14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    If you are driving in Experience, there is fuel consumption and tire wear multiplier for races shorter than 60min (not including race 1 in Championship mode). So x2 for 30min races, x4 for 15min races, etc.

15. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok... Didn't know that, thought multipliers was only in online. Well, that explains it, thanks

16. Spanner_76

Spanner_76 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Site seems to be down, not another update?

17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp - there is an update running at the moment. It's announced on their social-media-accounts.