Released 30-11-2017 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So,i can just DELETE all my setups in the folders?
    My oh my...
    one Thumb down:imp:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Believe it or not.. Thats what I did after the last big patch where the old setups got lost too.
    And I still have not configurated all the cars I own (bought!!!) to a setup I prefer for my situation here.
    I have another life to live besides.

The default setups are not suitable for me.

If they dont mean really much then they are needless.

As a developer.. If I change something I let the people know what I have changed and give info on how to handle the new situation.
    But ok... it is how it is... saw this before. One dissatisfied user more or less ... who cares..

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Wait a moment.

Old setups for everything that is not GT3 should work as before. Only GT3s got new physics and only their setups are useless now

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you "own" the cars. read the TOS again ^^ you buy a license to use the tracks and cars.

5. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    This is not a joke:cool:
    Please sell me AI selector for $ 20

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Do you really drive all 18 cars in the GTR3 class? If so, Im impressed :)

The point here being... you would do better to drive the cars without making any changes to them, so you can understand their new characteristics and idiosyncrasies.

Making setup tweaks before you even step inside the cockpit is doing yourself a disservice.

Especially when I know you havent driven all 18 cars long enough to make this determination.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Just spent about 2 hours trying a few different GT3 cars, and I'm amazed! I did not expect such an improvement!

You see, I've been balls-deep in Automobilista lately, and that sim has now become my new gold standard for physics and FFB, so I was quite surprised that my first reaction from the first few seconds of driving the Bentley was thinking "gosh, this feels a lot like Automobilista now!"

I even went back and forth between both sims for awhile, and yep, it feels very close. Not exactly the same, but close enough that I didn't need any awkward adjustment period as I changed between sims.

The cars feel so much more fun and responsive now. In every corner the feeling of momentum and weight shifting is much more believable than before.

That said, If I where to nitpick, there where at least a couple situations, both of them involving back wheels on the curb and a bit too much throttle out of a corner, where I expected oversteer to happen, and it didn't... but I never drove a real GT3 car so I don't know what to think about that.

Nitpicking aside, I had way too much fun pushing the new-old GT3 cars on the track. The only terrible part about the update is that the new GT3 physics feel so good that nearly every other non-GT3 car in the game feels now obsolete :p

Please don't let Alex Hodgkinson go! Give him a raise and feed him all the pizza that he wants! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    kudos to Sector3! the Mercedes AMG GT3 is a master piece! The sound is absolutely awesome omg, much better what I have expected. Don't get me wrong, R3E has the best sound of all sims. I am blown away :) the new physics feels so real, it's a big big
    improvement.
    2017-11-30 2326 0001.jpg
    Great job guys !! it was absolutely worth it to wait

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Just did the Nordschleife 24H in the new Audi, 60 GT3 cars. WOWH. Own car physics, other cars' AI - superb.

The work done by Alex Hodgkinson is a game changer. Only rarely in the past 25 years I have witnessed a game getting such a fundamental patch that improved its key qualities so drastically. I almost do not recognise the GT3 anymore. Very good stuff, also on the AI, the way they fought with me and edged me out, almost was a provocative impertinence.

S3, let Alex Hodgkinson do the other cars' physics as well!

Very, dramatically good stuff. Keep this course! And keep Hodgkinson at all costs. That man is a jewel. Obviously he knows his stuff extremely well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    All of this! :)

Thank you, Sector 3! Thank you very much!
    I'm absolutely blown away by the new physics!
    I just tested the Callaway Corvette, the Audi R8 and the Mercedes AMG and I'm very impressed.
    Fantastic job!
    The new cars are masterpieces - especially the AMG! It's sound, it's responsiveness - I love everything about it! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Finally some work on the AI Behaviour! Thank you for this :kissingheart:
    Now I'm back on track :sunglasses:

• Like Like x 1
  12. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    As much as i love new GT3 physics I'm a bit dissapointed that still there are no advancements in dynamics of a car - or rather tires (not sure if this is correct way to phrase it). By this I mean stuff like pressures, more advanced heating or flatspots.

Need to test how tires behave on longer stints, but in terms of handling this is fabulous job. I hope some classes will receive same treatment in near future, even those which were released or updated not so long ago.

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, the gt3 cars should have quite drastically different heating characteristics compared to pre-update. As well as their wear characteristics being quite different.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The onboard sound of the R8 is just a symphony. So gorgeous curtain of sounds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Many many thanks for updating this fantastic GT3 car class. It was devinitely worth the long wait. The FFB is still great compared to before the update. It is much more believible what the car is doing and in which way it does. This handling is what i would expect of cars like this. The new cars are superb in terms of the sound the physics the brake performance and the Data Displays. Thanks to everyone who was involved in this incredible update. Btw no issues explored so far...everthing works perfect for me.
    Best regards and keep your work at this level ;-)

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Quite possibly the best AI in any game out there. Well done

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Terrific update s3s!! The gt3s feel so good now, very agile and responsive. Suspension feels more realistic and FFB seem to better communicate. Haven't had too much time today to try it out but the cars I did try were great. And the triple screen looked perfect! So happy to not have the stretched out image. I'm a happy cat

18. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    RIP 7:46min on Nordschleife VLN :oops::(

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    do it again, and send me the setup ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    is there any trick to get a boost in using the 64bit version? The Performance is a disaster:mad:
    i always bought every content incl. the liveries to support the development of this game, slowly but surely i doubt if it was the right thing to do:(

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1