Released 30-11-2017 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 30, 2017.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I am using Sim Commander 4 to control my buttkicker. I also noticed that it is not working any longer. Perhaps Sector3 changed something with the API stream or it is due to the x64 version.

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
  4. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Something is wrong for me: if I enable the wheel & hands animation I still have the old 180 degrees animation. :confused:
    Any suggestion?

5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Which controller are you using? Make sure you don't have "Custom" and "180" in vehicle settings for steering animation.

6. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    These are my settings:

[​IMG]

As before the update enabling the hands limits the animation to 180 degrees, so far tested with Audi TT RS Cup, BMW M6 GT3, M235i and M1 Cup.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm using a Thrustmaster T300.

7. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Check your wheelbase DOR setting and TM software.

8. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    DOR=degrees of rotation?
    It's 1080 degrees in the TM control panel and in-game it works fine without the hands.
    I'm using the latest drivers (2017_TTRS_6) and firmware.

9. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a Thrustmaster TX, I know that I'm seeing full animation (over 180). Not home to check settings.

10. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Ok! Just try set it 900 in panel. Know pcars 2 or/and maybe Forza 7 has some similar issues when wheel is set to 1080. Worth a try :)

11. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help boskapongen but I tested with 900 and 720 degrees and the issue still persists. :(
    I don't know if it could be the cause but I'm using the Sparco R383 Mod.
    BTW other features introduced with the update work fine (like the automatic selection between H & sequential shifter).

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I also use the R383 with the T300. I can check in about 90 minutes of it's the same for me. But I don't remember only 180° limit in the gt3 cars.

13. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE: I went back and simply retraced my steps and low and behold, my edit to SC to point to the 64 bit somehow did not save. I re-updated that wait on field and my motion is back. Gave a few cars a go with the default setups and wow.

Bravo Sector3 - great work!

14. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I've only managed about 2-2.5 hours of play since the update, bu they've been among the sweetest hours since I've come back to sim-racing. The AI is back to the more sane behavior from before the now-you-can-run-100-cars update. But now they can fight and are they defending or am I going insane?
    The updated GT3 physics are spot on, hope to see similar updates to other classes, like the GT4 ;)

Great work as always guys, you're awesome. Thank you, for your hard work!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Did you find some time to test it?
    Please let me know and thanks in advance!

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you are using animated hands, it is correct that the hands only go 180 degrees to either side (so, 360 degrees total).

You can try turning off the animated hands but leaving the in game wheel on, to make sure that your wheel matches the rotation of the in game wheel.

17. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to disable the message in the middle of the screen which sas that i have put the brake bias to front or to the beack?

I men its completely senseless because it is displayed on the data display on a proper way, too...

Doppelt gemoppelt is needles here ...

And is there a light indicator in the Vette or am i blind?

18. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Mmm, interesting point Nate!
    With the hands enabled I have 180° of rotation from centre to left and 180° from centre to right, so 360° in total... but I was expecting full 360° of rotation on both sides, like in pCars and AC.

Did I misunderstand the true meaning of this feature?
    If the answer is "Yes, you did!" I would be very disappointed because I was very happy with the idea to finally have fully animated hands on the full range of the wheel! :cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, yeah, I believe you may have misunderstood the meaning of this feature then. When it mentioned 360 degrees of animation, that was referring to the total amount. Same as if you were to reference that your steering wheel is 900 degrees. That is the total rotation.

For there to be more than 360 degrees, there would be a lot more animation work that needs to be done since the hands would need to overlap without looking bad, and then you would have to animate the hand over hand stuff too, and then make sure it all looks seamless... and then do that for every car... So, it's a ton more work.

And this way at least, it doesnt break immersion like Pcars does where the driver inexplicably takes both hands off the wheel while turning :p

So yes, 180 degrees to either side is correct and as intended by the updates.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, sincerely I prefer the hands in weird positions than the wheel that stops rotating, I really hope that the full range animation is in WIP! ;)
    In the meantime I'll continue to play without the hands as before, thanks a lot for the help Nate, I really appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1