Released 30-11-2017 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 30, 2017.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Cheers. Sorry that the solution isnt ideal for you, but for hopefully it wont be much of a bother if you decide to use it in the future :)

2. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    There are people like me who are not using cockpit view, so it's not completely senseless ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I know its personal preference but if you use a wheel and drive in cockpit view, and like me your monitor is quite close to your wheel, is it not a bit strange to see 2 wheels and 4 hands driving the car, even though your looking at the road ahead you can still see the in game wheel and hands as well as your own.
    I only ever use wheel to make sure the rotation matches up then turn it off, then move the camera/seat forward so all i see is the dash, i have never liked wheel and hands for the reasons mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    oK, sounds reasonable. Maybe give us an option to deactivate it?

Especially in VR its very disturbing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    In VR, a virtual wheel comes handy. ;)

6. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Only if the hands animation will be extended to the full range of rotation, as it is now I still prefer the wheel only animation: for my mind is easier to see a fully rotating wheel without hands than a full set wheel + hands that doesn't fully match what I'm doing with my movements.
    OK, during a race it's very rare that you exceed beyond the 360° range, but when it happens for me it's really a big break of realism.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have read several reports by people on the web now that their fps took a masisve dive with the 64 bit exe, some of them havign quite beefy systems, as far as they gave their specs. Is there any known issue or investigation of it currently? I am not talking of myself, for me it works fine. But it really catches my attention that so many people seem to have issues with 64 bit.

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The FPS loss is due to proper Triple Screen implementation, and not due to the 64bit executable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I have problem after this update. >After I crash, when turning steering wheel, wiew in a cokpit start to turn all around and it is impossible to drive. It is on most of the cars.
    Help.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You mean RR calculates for triple screens even if no triple screens are used? That would be dumb. Thats like letting RR calculating 4K even when just using an old CRT with 1280x960. Must be something different. I know for example of one guy in the AC forum who runs 1650x1080, and has massive frame drops with RR were his rig before he said did run it fine. He is on a GTX1060 and an i5 4 GHz, W10.

11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Messed up controller axis...?

12. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I don't know. Everything was ok before? I don't know how to fix it.

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Then why not check it out. Disconnect pedals first, I have had it severla times in the past that I forgot they were plugged in, and in some sim where they were not used I saw myself spinning around one axis endlessly, which was due to a pedal axis giving maxmum input. If that does nothing, unplug the wheel and see what happens, maybe even check options and go to keyboard input temporarily. See whether some axis assignment remains active even with hardware plugged out. That might give you a clue. Also, maybe check mouse, whether acidentally it got assigned as one axis (mousewheel maybe?).

Think of the unreasonable if you have run out of default solutions.

That formula rim of yours has maybe a ministick that could serve as axis control...?! What about that?

Good luck. These ghost hunts can cost nerves.