Released 4th April 2019 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 4, 2019.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Double clicking 3 times is not hard, :rolleyes: fresh from the mouth of someone who is riddled in arthritis in both hands. Just wait until there are half a dozen apps you want to run at once, fortunately some bright spark will come up with some form of app manager, which of course they can because of the shared memory liberation. ;)

2. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Its not hard to make a .bat file to launch whatever you need from a single shortcut (as such)

Here's what I use to load Simhub, Crewhief and Raceroom with triple params and webhud params.

Raceroom.bat

Code:
    @echo off
    Start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\SimHubWPF.exe"
    Start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe"
    Start "" "C:\Steam\Steam.exe" -gameidlaunch 211500 -triScr 75 0 59.5 33.5 0.6 59.5 33.5 0.6 45 59.5 33.5 0.6 45 1 -webdev -webHudUrl=https://fxuk.github.io/webhud/simhub/1440.html

Initially, I did wish the in-game hud got some TLC, but since using my own simhub dash as an ingame hud instead of 'overlay windows' I'm loving it now :)

I haven't checked yet, only just thought about it, but would be nice if I could make crewchief auto-start (as in become active) with the raceroom profile, other systems like simhub can autodetect the game and become active, which is handy. So I still have to click start manually in CC at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    True again, while FxUK and Goose are both correct. I am thinking of those that haven't had the gift of your experience. When I first tried Raceroom, I was in the middle of a battle with Project Cars. It took me 6 months to get it working to a drivable state. Then I saw Raceroom and thought I would give it a try. WOW, I was super pleased with how amazingly well it was put together. I installed it and within 30 minutes (probably less, but it has been a while) of the install and I was up and not only driving, but racing!!!

I wanted to keep it simple and clean. In hopes that the team over at Sector3Studios will continue to awesome work! Too many complications would make it less attractive in my eyes. When I have time, I want to race. Not tinker for months. Plus for those that aren't aware of all the cool add-ons, they miss out. I like the batch file idea by the way. Thank you, I will probably use it. But if it is that simple, why can't in already be included as the startup exe? Maybe have a front end that has radio buttons for the frequently used apps that has a customizable list. Goose's app manager but included in the Raceroom platform. That way you aren't locking new apps out. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  4. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom is miles ahead of Project Cars

RaceRoom

++ Racing
    + AI
    ++ Variety of cars and tracks
    ++ Sound

-- Lack of dynamic weather / time of day
    - Doesn't have some of the prestige licenses other sims do (Ferrari, Le Mans, etc)
    - Looks a bit dated

Assetto Corsa Competizione

++ Driving (not Racing)
    ++ Graphics
    +++ Dynamic weather (wet weather is astonishingly good and the best implementation I've seen)

--- Racing
    --- AI
    -- Variety of cars and tracks

Project Cars

+++ Immersion
    +++ Variety of cars and tracks
    ++ Graphics
    + Weather and time of day (not as good as ACC)

--- Driving (the cars just don't feel right IMO, it sits awkwardly between Sim and Arcade)
    --- AI (still awful)

All in my opinion of course.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    In an ideal world, that would be great, but its not really the game dev's responsibility to cater for the potentially unlimited number of third party apps in the way of launching them, etc. Supporting them through a common API (shared memory) well, its cool that they do. The new hud was just an example of what can be done and is in no way essential to playing RaceRoom, although I do wish the in game UI (chat / ability to customise a few more items) gets a look in at some point.

Some of the third party apps allow you to launch the game directly from them, but again, this isn't always ideal, especially if you use more than one of them, like I do. i.e Crewchief, Simhub and Simcommander can all launch Raceroom, but none of them can launch Raceroom and the others without messing around (batch file is easier). Sector 3 "Could" make a launcher, but I don't feel the need for one, not really.
    FWIW, I'm sure I did read that Crewchief (if you use that) will be implementing the functionality of the hud's exe file, so you won't need it, leaving just Crewchief and Raceroom to open, which can then simply be done via Crewchief alone.

I can't find it now, maybe I dreamt it... hmm
    Edit, I didn't dream it :p it's here:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...nch-dash-exe-automatically.12973/#post-175486

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have simhub start at boot so it's basically always there in the background. Then use CC to fire up the game.

7. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I tried the batch file and that work great. I will look at sim hub. Thanks guys

8. klempirstvi.hradil

klempirstvi.hradil Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "JF Chardon, příspěvek: 175018, člen: 12"] Další informace týkající se tohoto:

Příklad použití, který jsme z toho udělali, je ten, o kterém si myslíme, že se vám nejvíce bude líbit, máme tuto malou aplikaci, která čte sdílenou paměť hry a data přenáší na webovou stránku, která byla přijata.

Toto však není jediná aplikace. Pokud jste návazcem, můžete si během jízdy nechat chat přímo na vrcholu hry, nebo si nechat ovládat Twitch přímo u vašich prstů atd.

Nyní je zde otevřeno jedno vlákno k diskusím o nápadech a klást otázky týkající se této funkce -> https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/in-gameplay-web-overlays.12947/ [/ QUOTE]

Attached Files:

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I wanna see the video of J-F saying this sentence as written, o_O I'm struggling to even get close in my head and I'm fluent in all languages, in my head, actually thinking this in Chinese as I write!

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, the number in the quote string leads to this post from @J-F Chardon. He seemingly Google-translated the complete quote including the forum-code. Why he had to translate a quote into his own language to make a post for others in this forum and why he included the forum code to also be translated is beyond me though... ;)

Reading the original post from J-F I cannot even see how this is in any way related to the attached screenshot. Maybe his game crashes when using the webhud...I don't know...

• Agree Agree x 1