Released 5th June 2019 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jun 5, 2019.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

The much anticipated Formula RaceRoom 90 is out! Designed to bring you back to the atmosphere of formula cars racing of the early 1990's, the FR90 comes with three engine choices: V8, V10 and V12, each with their own characteristics, and of course, sound melodies:

Update details:
    Download size = ca 975 MB
    Client version = 0.8.0.6561
    Client BuildID = 3889446
    Dedi version = 52.0.945
    Dedi BuildID = 3889460

New content
    • Added the Formula RaceRoom 90 V8, V10 and V12 cars.

Game
    • Added a key assignement to Move&Scale HUD elements. Once pressed, the mouse cursor will appear. Left click will drag a HUD element around while a Right click will scale the size of the element up or down.
    • Added a key assignement to reset the HUD elements positions and scale.
    • Updated to Fanatec SDK 3.8
    • Added default profiles for Fanatec Podium DD1 and DD2.
    • Added support for the flag LED's on Fanatec rims
    • Added a key assignment to turn the displays and LED's on rims and wheelbases off.
    • Added Tyre loads to shared memory (using a reserved data holder to preserve backwards compatibility)
    • Added support in physics engine for different shift times depending on the gears being shifted.
    • Fixed an issue where brake disks were pre-heated to optimal temperatures when spawning the vehicle in sessions other than Time-Attack.
    • Fixed an issue where in-game web overlays settings would be lost with every game update.
    • Changed the amount of analog input required to register a key assignment from 50% to 25% of the axis range. (this is relevant when assigning an axis to an on/off toggle control)

Content
    • AMG-Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II 1992 - Sounds improved
    • Porsche 911 Carrera Cup (964) - Tweaked some logos on livery #15
    • Volkswagen ID. R - Various visual upgrades to match the final design of the real car.
    • Circuit Zandvoort - Fix for a TV camera in the straight that was sitting a bit high.
    • Circuit Zolder - New static TV cameras
    • Moscow Raceway - Changed 3 trackside banner billboards so they show on both sides. Upgraded HUD track maps for FIM and Full layouts to higher resolutions.
    • Zhuhai - New static TV cameras

• Like Like x 15
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I really really apreciate the new Fanatec SDK stuff and the default Profiles for Podium Wheels. That was fast!

And thanks for the resizable HUD elements. Will try that out today :)

New Formula Cars are an Instabuy for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. SniperFire69

SniperFire69 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I bought cars now the game says i have no tracks when i own them all, game is stuffed after update:(

Going to bed , hopefully it is sorted by the morning

4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Got it. Waiting for Steam to finish updating. Then I will get into the 3 cars.

5. SniperFire69

SniperFire69 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    good luck, you may have no tracks also, happened to a few people now.

6. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant!
    Next DD support for third party

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    one thing I noticed right away, the FFB strength is very low, I have to set the FFB multiplier to 3.5 to get a normal FFB signal , with other car classes my arms would be ripped off with that high number :D don't know if it's just me.

Otherwise those cars are a hell of a fun and that sound is awesome, very good job! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    hmmm if I buy the cars, S3 could think that i want more Formula cars.

If I don't buy the cars they may have not enough money to build the touring cars I actually want.

Oh nooooo moral decision intensifies :-(

• Funny Funny x 4
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    No it's not just you, the ffb is very low, the only thing is when you turn it up you get that sort of spongy heavy wheel, so either way it doesn't feel good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Are the two 12-way multiposition switches from the McLaren wheel finally working in RRR as well?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GermanSimRacing.de

GermanSimRacing.de New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will test the Formula cars when my download is finished :)

12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget one of the toggle switches was up the shute as well..I hold my breath.

13. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I can´t remember how the 92 DTM Mercedes sounded before, but now for sure it sounds great!

14. Mudman79

Mudman79 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hm, maybe I‘m too dumb but I can‘t move the HUD. I press the button I assigned to move/scale, the cursor appears but I can‘t drag the mini-HUD. It just ignores my left or right click. :(

15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Some things I could drag, resize and move, but not the speed suggestions in pit lane, the pit selection box, the driver list above, flags.

This where the special things, I wanted to move in VR, but can't.

16. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    what monitor do you use? I have issues to move some elements due to 32:9 aspect ratio. It "catch" HUD in the different spot than you see on monitor.

17. Mudman79

Mudman79 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I‘m using a 49“ Samsung 32:9 monitor. Hm, time for trial and error it seems.

Edit: This is the bottom right mini-HUD position for my monitor. Pretty suboptimal...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  18. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I tested the 3 new FR90 cars on my hometrack Zolder. What a joy to drive, physics and sound are absolutely spot on !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I think this is first time I say something like this about a car in RaceRoom, but the FR90 is exactly how I wanted, or rather hoped it would be. Well, maybe brakes could be a bit more susceptible to locking, but can't say if what we have right now is more accurate than what I feel it should be. Only did couple of laps in V12 though, maybe when tire wear comes in, it will be a different story. Besides that little complain (it's not really complain :p), I absolutely love it. Wheelspin on 4th gear? Hell YES. It also seems to me, that RR really improved on the way you can control and catch powerslides recently. And what is quite surprising to me, on hard compund, the car seems to be more manageable. I assume it has something to do with softs temperatures that can go quite high if you push too hard, which I also believe is area where RR improved

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    yes, I have same monitor and same issue with mini-HUD. You cant drag it properly to the bottom of screen. And grab point is completely off the position where you see the HUD.

I hope for proper 32:9 support soon.