7/2015 Minimum graphics card for maximum settings in Raceroom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Azfalt Raser, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    What is the minimum single gpu graphics card needed to run Raceroom on it's highest settings at 5760x1080 resolution - minimum 4x AA and preferably 8x AA.

I'm guessing it would have to be the Fury or GTX 980? - at my resolution and possibly udpating to 3 x 27" monitors as well.

Or is there multi-gpu support in Raceroom's NEAR future?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I can run the game on Medium-ish at 5760x1080 & 60fps on a GTX 670. Everything on high (before this weeks update) drops the game to 30-40fps. So I think you would have to move towards a 980 indeed but I don't have the experience with the newer cards. :) I asume you're aiming for 60 frames?

3. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I'm running (V-sync limited) 60fps with my single HD6970 on custom medium settings with some items off (shadows...). But I see alot of jagged lines everywhere.
    Going to 8x AA, video looks great, but takes me down to 8-15 fps on medium - so not playable.

After reading about the Furyx and GTX 980ti, looks like I have to opt for a 4k capable graphics card.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I have opted for shadows off, motion blur off, v-sync on, bloom off and the rest on medium settings. Game looks crisp and constant 60fps. Still stesting.

5. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    For max. settings on triples and higher AA you should go at least for a 980, better a 980Ti.
    Running a single card gives you the new Nvidia MFA AA, which runs pretty well without a huge drop in performance.

When it comes to larger grids in R3E you might also opt for a new CPU, as this might become a bottleneck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    If you aim over 60FPS everyhwhere, I can assure you can't do max settings ATM with single card. I have 980 TI boosting at 1505MHz with quite beefy CPU (3930K@4.5GHz) and I can't max out this game with 6060x1080 resolution.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Certainly looks like the 980Ti w/6G is the way to go.

Bring on Xmass

8. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Nice! This is the kind of feedback we need.

I wasn't sure if there was any single gpu that can run max settings at 5760x1080 resolution for raceroom
    And it doesn't look like there really is.
    And as I thought "4k capable gpu" doesn't necessarily mean - maxed out settings at 4k.

Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Which means..... multi-GPU support...multi-GPU support... say it with me... multi-GPU support :p
    my 2nd card is going to waste. Both will be obsolete soon.

10. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I was lucky enough to try out R3E with the following setup:
    - 3rd gen Core i7
    - 16 GB DDR3
    - GTX 970 4 GB DDR5

On max. settings, with a 2x AA and triple screens, the lowest framerate was 40-50 (depended on car/track combo). With a single screen, the framerates was above 110.

So I think a 970 should be enough if you are willing to make a compromise (for example, using lower AA, not maxing out everything, etc.), otherwise you should buy a 980/980 Ti.

11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Be warned, just read one chap has 2 x GTX980Ti's in sli (i know it's not yet supported) in Tri-screen and he still has to knock shadows down, got to be sim related as in all reviews the 980Ti appears to run most titles maxed out. Looks like I'm gonna have to hold out til next year and the introduction of nVidia's g100 with 16Gb of HBMemory, allegedly 4 x quicker than the 980Ti, still probably have to knock shadows back in RaceRoom! :)

Whoops! forgot to mention, I'm running 3 x 27" monitors using a GTX780oc and apart from going back to medium on shadows all seems to be fine, not been that much of a hit to frame rates over using a single monitor which is remarkable!