Resolved A beginner's guide to gamepads

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Christian G, Sep 2, 2017.

1. jtf

jtf New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have any thoughts on how the Analogue Sector values translate to the current layout which has a range of 1000%?

Secondly, I have a Thrustmaster ESWAP Pro controller, it appears the mapping software is over riding the game settings. Does starting the game in Big Picture mode effect this?

Cheers

2. Raikku

Raikku New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could somebody explain how to get Xbox One pad to work in RRE? Sim doesn't see it, there's no profile for it in options and you cannot make custom profile cause buttons/sticks are not detected in binding screen? In Every other steam driving game/sim xbox one pad just works.

3. Loopie369

Loopie369 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    November 2023 on an xBox One...the guide still seems applicable.
    Much better!:yum: Thx!
    I do use one of those little toggle extenders. She loves it.
    A couple of the settings titles are different now but I don't recall which exactly...

A specific one that I could be guessing wrong (but seems to be working fine??) Is the Analog Sectors 1, 2 & 3...which are listed in the guide as 1.5, 1.6 & 1.7....but are now in fact a scale of 0-1000.
    For now, I've entered 150, 160 & 170...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  4. Allaeius

Allaeius New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still relevant in 2024. Game is a blast to play with this guide on a gamepad.

Now to decide if I want to reinstall my wheel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. NotTheDude

NotTheDude New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    wondering if anyone can shed light on this for me - i've had my xbox elite pad working fine whilst plugged in, but the charge port on the pad is becoming loose so I tried swapping to a wireless connection.
    The PC/Elite pad works fine in other games after switching to wireless, but I'm getting no life from it at all in RRRE. I imagine it's because it's still looking for the game pad on the old wired connection? I don't see a way to delete/re-add or setup the gamepad now that it's on a wireless connection. Screenshot attached, any help appreciated!

Attached Files:

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think the problem with the Xbox controller is that it actually identifies itself with different names depending on whether you're using it wired or via bluetooth. This is why the game thinks that your controller is missing. Also, there's no default profile for the bluetooth version.

You should be able to duplicate your old controller profile, and then simply remap all actions to your controller buttons via bluetooth. This way, if you want to switch between wired and bluetooth, you just need to select the other controller profile.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NotTheDude

NotTheDude New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    that makes sense and is kind of inline with what I was thinking. However other games either seem to work or identify the wireless pad as a new device. In RRRE, it just shows the one (wired) xbox controller which is showing as disconnected. Even if I duplicate it, the duplicated pad is showing as disconnected.

Maybe this is the boot I need to get one of those round things you hold onto instead of using a pad :rolleyes:

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Raceroom only has a profile for wired gamepad, not wireless. That's why you don't see it in your control profiles list. Try doing what Majuh said: duplicate your profile, select it, then just go to Key bindings and rebind all axis and buttons.