A controversial idea to help populate R3E ranked servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stelcio, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I see nothing like that in the charts: https://steamcharts.com/app/211500

2. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Almost all games lose players in the summer as people are on holiday and out doing stuff, moreso this year after COVID. This current quarter is the one to monitor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's like 15% drop for three months total. We see similar drops in summer every year. I'd say even if some players are gone, that's a few percent at best, definitely not a third.

5. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    What are you talking about? The fluctuations are marginal for over a year. The ranked servers are understandably eurocentric, since the majority of playerbase is from Europe, but they're certainly not exclusively European. You basically have GTP + GTO on Road America this week.

6. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    some people charge alot for this level of ass kissing you know.

it doesn't matter how eurocentric things are, itll stay that way unless changes are made first, europe isnt the entire world. but the american base HAS grown somewhat with the introduction of many of the latest tracks being american, helped by tracks being very very good quality lately. if you do build it they will come.
    also lets look at the cars that are on old physics. gt1..... gto, until the other day FRUS also cars that happen to be ancient wheres ANYTHING new for other markets

but thats not the big issue
    right now with the state of r3e, every player left is a miracle. its hit RF2 levels and that bloody sucks because its the best damn sim there is....was
    cant wait to see what December brings, who knows maybe this one will brick GPUs

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Reported. Tone down that arrogant attitude as you don't have the wit to back it up. You've already made a fool of yourself by claiming third of playerbase left the game and that current fluctuations are somewhat abnormal despite hard numbers saying otherwise.

You clearly modify your silly arguments as they are being rebutted one by one. First, you claim there's only European content offered, then after proven wrong you claim there's not enough - clearly indicating you haven't put any thought into your argument in the first place. So I don't see any point in engaging in further discussion, when you neither make the necessary effort to formulate your arguments correctly, nor even keep the discussion civil and respectful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I agree with all comments above.

Here is what I would like to add:
    Please fix that stupid PING!!!! I am your fanboy, but sadly, I gave up RR online racing due to the PING issue. Pretty sure empty servers have a lot to do with kicking players out. So why bother coming back if that is the case? It is a FU&^%*g annoying thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Allow me to ask, why do you think they can "fix" ping between players and servers?

10. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I think he means the issue where you get kicked from the server because of too high ping and the severe loss of points that follows (at least that's how i understood it). A friend of mine had that double penalty 3 times and nearly stopped playing because of that

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If he had high ping and was kicked for it why did he keep joining those servers?

12. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Obviously this didn't happen the same day or in the same server ! We are always racing together so we rejoin the same server, and there aren't so many choices after all ... Btw when it happened he didn't have such high ping, around 120 / 130ms at most. I get that disconnections are penalized and i accept that, but being kicked for "high" ping and losing a bunch of points in the process is not really fair, don't you think ?

13. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    might not be ping, could be the main content server losing touch?
    we've been having some issues that we believe could be that

14. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    That's totally possible... also sometimes even though the server is EU there are many players from around the globe and the sessions can get quite laggy

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    It's made like that so that people do not throttle their connection to quit a race penalty-free.

I doubt the content server is involved when a race is already going.

16. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In simple words, kicking players out of servers is something that needs to be sorted out asap. This is the biggest RR issue if we are talking about online racing. For instance, I don't remember being kicked out from iRacing servers ever.

17. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what the issue is, but it always shows kicked out due to high ping. Regardless, it should be fixed asap. This is a perfect recipe for pushing sim racers away from RR online racing. All the hard work is wasted.

18. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Do you even know what ping is and why a high ping is bad and why people with high ping get kicked? Because honestly, by your words it seems like you don't have the slightest idea. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    To my understanding, it's something to do with setting up servers in various locations. Europe has their own. Ping limits are set by sector 3, so the rest of the world cannot join European servers due to high ping. Too far. There are a few servers for other countries, but unfortunately, not many. Would you mind explaining in detail if you have any good ideas about improving the connections?

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Please have a look at this explanation.
    https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/5-reasons-your-ping-is-so-high

One reason the ping limit is there is to ensure that other gamers are not affected by those who are lagging as then there car will do strange things like bouncing about or going invisible, which increases the chance of crashing into them.

• Agree Agree x 1