A few thoughts on the GTR3 class (and offline racing)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    They do, but Kunos have some sort of Italian thing going on, it seems. Not that Lamborghini are particularly Italian these days. Nonetheless, with the 8 or 9 GT3 cars already in the game, there's plenty of scope for some fantastic grids.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Stiggy

Stiggy Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    There's a few other GT3 cars which shouldn't be too difficult (at least in comparison to Lambo, Porsche and Ferrari) to licence:

Lexus RC-F GT3
    [​IMG]

Ginetta G55 GT3
    [​IMG]

Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
    [​IMG]

Emil Frey Jaguar XKR GT3
    [​IMG]

Morgan Aero SuperSport GT3
    [​IMG]

SRT Viper GT3-R
    [​IMG]

Ascari KZ1-R GT3
    [​IMG]

BMW M6 GT3
    [​IMG]

Mercedes AMG GT GT3
    [​IMG]

2015 Audi R8 LMS
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I can remember that at least the Ascari was on a teaser-"collage" of cars that were announced for RRRE back in the old SIMBIN days. But an Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 was there too and Aston Martin has become quite difficult to license in the meantime.

And while I agree with you regarding some of the cars, I'd be careful to jump to conclusions regarding the other ones. It can be assumed that brands we already have in the game (like Audi, BMW, AMG/Mercedes, Cadillac) can't be impossible to license, but for the rest I don't see anything to base an opinion on. All the license holders can charge whatever they want for their cars. Or they can have ridiculous requirements to give away a license (some BS like "our cars are not allowed to take any visual damage in the game" for example). You never know. ;)

4. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Would love to see the Lexus but since it isn't even homologated as a true GT3 yet so i wouldnt expect it soon..
    Mercedes is announced for AC but hasnt even driven competitive yet.. Plenty of gt3 cars ingame atm i believe! more tracks and open Wheelers is all we need! :oops:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  5. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I thought I'd reply to this here because the Summer Sale thread really want the place for it.

I'd rather the 'three classes' were all the same physics to be honest. I don't actually mind which set of physics they share, and I agree with you that the GTR3 class feels nice and 'heavy' at present, but I would like to integrate them together in future.

However, 'same' doesn't necessarily mean speeding up the older cars, it might mean all of them sharing a newer version of the physics which, speed-wise, fits somewhere in the middle of the current spectrum.

Either way, I trust that Sector3 (with Mr van der Linde's guidance) will make something closer to reality than before, and this is what I hope to see implemented across all GT3 cars in the game, whether that's faster or slower than the present ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    If I am not wrong, ADAC allows the cars to run at higher performance than the GT3 version along with different electronics regulations, like ADAC 2013 has no ABS and traction control. GT3 cars are generally slightly slower than ADAC cars with mandatory electronics.

If ADAC and GT3 all share the same physics, it won't have made any sense and also defeats the purpose of having ADAC to begins with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Have the GT3 cars got the updated physics yet? I thought no?

8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the jag and the morgan would be fantastic the unique look of the Morgan sets it apart from the other cars. it would easily be my favorite. and having a lexis is always good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I saw (and heard) the Lexus RC-F GT3 at the Goodwood Festival of Speed last month. Surprisingly, it sounded sublime.

@Anthony Monteil would approve.

• Like Like x 2
  10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    With that livery (and background) it easily could be a 40's military car - RAF "Spitfire" Edition :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Not yet, no. They will be updated en masse at some point, with the newest version of the physics. Looking forward to it!

Not really. GT Masters is still an SRO series and it basically uses the same BoP as Blancpain GT. This is based upon the 'standard' GT3 BoP and tweaked very slightly. However, pretty much all GT3 cars run to a very similar spec; that's sort of the point of the class, which is why I'm looking forward to that being implemented across the various cars of the class. GT300 and VLN differ a bit more than usual, but still not to the extent seen in game.

As for whether the ADAC series is pointless, I'd say not at all for those of us who like to have a consistent carset of a series to recreate it. I'm looking forward to having the versatility to run them both in and out of their own class.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    No - GT-Master has nothing to do with Stephane Ratel (SRO).
    There is a Standard-BoP that was run by the FIA. But every GT3-Event has slightly differences - max allowed db for example.
    ADAC GT-Masters has its own BoP in the beginning of the Season but it is just a little check of the FIA BoP to balance their Championship-Field. In the last years it was known that ADAC GTM allows a bit more power than the Standard BoP as the cars that participates in that field were all capable to go faster.

The FIA GT3-BoP has to check a much wider field of GT3-Cars than in ADAC GT-Masters are used.

But that BoP's doesn't have much effect on the base-Physics of the GT3-Cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I didn't know that it wasn't any more; it was definitely established by SRO in the first place, after the initial success for the European GT3 season.

They do indeed have their own BoP for regional purposes, as does British GT, GT Open and anywhere else they're allowed. Conspiracy theory for the German series is so to favour the German brands, which I recall Farnbacher alluding to when swapping their Ferrari for Porsches.

14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    According to the german Wikipedia article GT Masters was installed in 2007 in a joint effort by SRO and ADAC and organized by these two until 2011. From 2012 it was organized by ADAC only, supported by the DMSB (Deutscher Motorsport Bund ~ German Motorsports Association) in technical matters.

Regarding the conspiracy theories about favouring german manufacturers - well maybe, but if yes with limited success... :D

ADAC GT Masters has finished 8 seasons so far. 3 out of 8 champion-cars were in non-german cars although there are lots of german cars in the championship. In my opinion this is not a significant result. I followed this years championship. If you look at the results there are 3 german cars in front - Mercedes, Porsche, BMW. But watching the races especially the number 66 Corvette had a lot of bad luck this year. If I remember correctly they were in the lead at least twice when they had to retire. So the Corvette is really quick. And the Lambos participated in only one event in which they were very successful (Red Bull Ring).

To me this is just a case of a german championship with lots of german teams. So it's likely that most good teams are german too who mostly use german cars because they are germans racing in Germany. The probability of german cars winning should be quite high. :D

• Agree Agree x 1