A joke ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lost77, May 3, 2015.

1. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I begin to play multiplayer more often, it looks like another galaxy to me compared to single player.
    I don't understand why I am middle pack at the beginning of the race even if I made no practice and no qualif laps.
    I don't undestand why as soon as the race begin I am unable to hold the car correctly, bad grip, bad brakes whereas I am not looking to reach any limits as long as I consider the others too close in front of me. Feeling that it is not the same handling at all.
    When it is OK with that, no mistake from me or the others, no ghost car suddenly apearing in front of me or behind, I find myself losing time with the leaders lap after lap. Am I being slower and slower or are they being faster and faster ??
    Do many people play with the less downforce as possible ? Almost never can keep up with anyone on the straights.

2. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    You are not the only one who drives no lap in the Quali that´s why you dont start at the last place.
    At the beginning of the race you have cold brakes and cold tires. During the Race the tires break down => less grip.
    The leeders of the most races are often very good Sim Racer and maybe you are not as fast as they are.
    Setup settings could be a thing that you are not that fast on the straight.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    joke? I must be missing something?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Can't be very fast, I lack "race skill" for that, it's more like I have a lower top speed, less acceleration.
    Do I have to understand that even if tire wear is off there is still a question of bringing the tires to the right temperature ?
    As for set up except for more downforce and harder suspensions I don't really see the difference.

5. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Just the title, makes non sense.

6. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    It is very... VERY important to have a good corner exit for a good straight Speed.. Maybe that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - especially the exit of corners heading to a long straight are very important. Can be a mixture of wrong racingline and not optimal setup. For e.g. the Differential-setting is important for a good and clean exit. To high settings on the powerside leads to losing grip and to the need to lift of from gas...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ok, I guess I don't understand....it just sounds like you are not fast...like most of us. Welcome to mid-pack purgatory. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Mostly play with default settings, may be better if I ever find a good guide in french so that I can understand it better. Tried with the lowest wing possible, stiil slower. Probably have bad brake points, would need a spectate mode to look at the fastest players. This impression of being glued to place or at the opposite having no grip at all makes me mad.

Probably a bit of stress too, can drive for 45 minutes in single player modes without much trouble. Like I lose all concentration and forget tracks when in multiplayer pfff

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    low wing positions are not so good... It depends everything on the car and track-combo but i leave especially the front-wing on default and the rear is a bit track dependent... lower it a bit on fast tracks or leave it on default on tracks with fast corners... but you will notice on quick corners when the wing is to low - the car will turn in oversteering then... the best is, to start with the complete default setup.

11. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    There is a spectate mode where you can watch the other drivers.

With the low rear wing your corner Exit is mostly Bad = Not the best top speed.

12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Did you check if your wheel/controller works properly ? Configuration/Calibration ok ? A worn out wheel might still feel fine cause you`re used to but is anything else than fine in reality...

13. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Did you adjust your gear ratios to suit the track? If they are too short you will be slow down the main straight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I believe nerves and adrenalin in MultiPlayer may play a part for some people. What seemed easy in SP somehow becomes more difficult to execute in MP.
    Many years and many many MP race starts and my Heart rate still peaks at the starting grid, 1st corner, and sometimes the whole race.
    Guess thats why i luv it. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    There can be many reasons for being slower (car setup, lines, corner exit speed etc) but have you checked in R3E or Wheel Software that it gives full throttle? When I first got my DFGT I had some huge problems with Logitech Drivers on 64bit Win7.
    As Logitech seems to code their software by drawing the code in MS Paint, the drivers wouldnt install correctly and as a result my maximum (fully pressed pedal) throttle & brake were only 80%, not 100% like it should.
    This problem obviously made a big difference in speed, specially noticable on straights.

Its a long-shot and most likely not your problem but I thought id share it still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Well not been around for some days, logitech sofware is probably not the best in the world (don't know the others) but to have a good feeling in the whell I sometimes need to close the profiler, sometimes I need to open it, sometimes it looks lile everything is messed up and I cannot drive anymore...anyway pressing pedals to the max fill completely the coloured column in the profiler.
    On tracks with long straights I add one click on the last gear or on the general to gain speed as long as I press throttle. Like already said I probably don't know the best brake points (changing with car set up I suppose), a bit of stress (avoid crashes, don't do mistakes, try to stay on track, maintain your speed and let the faster ones go). 1st "real sim" I play but never seen such a gap in a race game. There is something I'm completely missing, maybe time will give me some clue.

17. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It's all about training and trying in setups... having a look at the setups of other Drivers could be another little help. To get a good feeling with setting the gears right is to check the RPM on the fastest point of the track. If it is to far away from the RPM-Limiter, than reduce on the final-drive setting, till it is short before the RPM-Limiter... if it runs in the RPM-Limiter, add on the final-drive setting.

Another thing you should try is the Differential-Setting... On Power the Value shouldn't be very high... a Value around 30% is ok... same with coast... that should help with the corner exiting...

18. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    "Probably a bit of stress too, can drive for 45 minutes in single player modes without much trouble. Like I lose all concentration and forget tracks when in multiplayer pfff"

There's your answer, if you don't know where you are you simply can't be fast. You can't take a corner properly if you don't know what's coming up, and in fact on some circuits there are groups of curves that can't be taken fast unless you consider them as part of a series, so in those situations you're thinking 2, 3, 0r four corners ahead. You have to know EXACTLY what gear you want to be in at EVERY part of the circuit. If you don't know that you're the reason for being slow. I don't wish to cause offense but this is a demanding game, and there are some supremely gifted drivers playing it, so you'll have to work very hard to be competitive....I'm talking about seriously practicing 1) Your technique, 2) With every car on every track that you intend to race on, and to have spent enough time doing so to have determined the desired set up. If you're forgetting where you are in race you can't have done the necessary preparation, not even close to be blunt, sorry, but that's the truth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 6, 2015