A list telling what car packs are on what physics pack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skybird, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    It was posted, but is hidden in some threads now. Cant find it. Which cars are on the latest set now, which are the mainstream physics form before that, and what little remains in terms of the very old physics set?

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it could be indicated in the shop. Somewhere a small hint on the physics revision number on the car's shop page.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Had to do some digging to find it, but I'll just paste it in here and tidy it up again.

Cars on the old (floaty) physics: DTM 92, GTR2, German Nationals, Hillclimb Icons, Touring Classics, and WTCC 13/14/15.

Cars on the new (not floaty) physics: Aquila, Audi TT Cup 15/16, Audi TT RS VLN, BMW M235i, all DTM 13/14/15/16, FR US, FRX-17, FR2, FR3, GTO, Gr 5, KTM Xbow, NSU, all P1, all P2, BMW M1, all Silhouettes, Tatuus F4, all WTCC 16/17

Cars on newest (Alex H's physics): all ADAC 13/14/15, all GTR1, all GTR3, Porsche Cayman CS, Porsche Carrera Cup, Pagani Zonda cup, FR Jr, DTM 95 Merc.

I think this is all of them... a few in the middle category have had some updates to them too, such as the Audi TT Cup 15/16 which received some handling tweaks in April.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I got asked for that in Ac forums. Mind if I copy your answer to there?

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah no problem. Every so often someone will ask around here, and I try to update the old lists that I have posted :p

This one should be up to date of course. Barring any mistakes I may have made lol.

6. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    So better not race with ones on older physics?

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't say that. The DTM 92 for instance are some of the most popular cars in RaceRoom, and some of the most fun to drive.

Basically, the old cars just give you a different feeling and experience. Although some cars like the German Nationals are just... not great :p

And dont forget that you can try them out for free in the store if you want to see how they feel.

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Avoid the very old floaty pack except the DTM92 and Classic Toruing- if oyu like the feel of the oldCodemaster TOCA and TOCA2 cars.They indeed remind me of those, not just in looks, but in feel as well.

The cars in the middle category are all fine to use. Its just that Alex's rework is slightly (=drastically :) ) better.

Just the last, floaty, old physics - these you better avoid.

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Nate, btw. I forgot to say that word.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. I bought the package which contains everything so no need to try before buy anymore. At least not with the current dlc. Upcomming ones I will test before I buy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't the DTM92 updated, too in one of the latest patches?
    I have that in my mind.

12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I think it was a sound update.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    for what i know, and probably from an older list, wtcc 15 is on a newer physics than 13-14 o_O

by the way, what do you mean for floaty?

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    "non-pointy" maybe would be a better description. Cars are described to be not pointy, not biting enough in turns, and some say they feel them oscillating around the centre point of steering/the centreline when driving straight, giving them a feel like motorboats on a lake.

While I see the differences, I often thought that some people exaggerate the drama in them. However, the AST (Alex Special Treatment [tm] ) makes cars morer agile, vivid, dynamic, sensitive, slippery, and add more characteristic individuality. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DreamsKnight

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    thank you now i understand.
    the problem is only that i call your description... assetto corsa. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    In AC, in many cars you steer with gas and brake, much more than in RR. Floaty it only feels if player had not understood the greater dynamic range of stuff happening in AC's physics model. To me, I get the more comprehensive feel of what the car does in AC. RR in general has a tendency for more grip. Alex has dramatically redcued that, yes - but by tendency this difference is still there.

Look forward to ACC, willyou. I read the GT3 cars in ACC will be even "looser" than their AC equivalents. And pro drivers (not getting paid by Kunos) applaude them for that, especially in wet conditions.

Imagine this: overhearing a conversation about physics stuff between S3's Alex and Kunos' Aris. :) I really would like to know what they would have to say and how they would come to terms (on the matter, not personally). Especially where they may disagree on details that they prefer to do differently.

17. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Huh,
    many makes the mistake to say "loose = realistic" or "grip = unrealistic"

Don't we want to get a simulated race with real conditions? So why making the GT3s more loose than they are in reality.
    I highly recommend to watch some videos from real race drivers comparing sims.

When I see the actual Porsche Cup in Raceroom, it's very loose. There is so less grip. If this is the reality, Porsche won't sell one of this car. But Sim Racers say: Cool, it's loose, it's hard to drive, this must be realistic.

But, fortunately I know many people avoiding this car because of it's looseness. And nit because they can't drive. It's still unrealistic loose for such a car.

So I really dislike it, when Kunos makes an advertising with: "wow, unbelievable, it's more loose than AC, Simracers, this is the real shit now."

So let's play Trophy Andros, it's most realistic, because there isn't any grip, isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DreamsKnight

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird The floaty thing is usually related more to the ffb settings and feeling than the physics itself. And ffb is something totally personal so i think at the end no One is right or wrong.

I consider for example ac the One with the less impact in the use of the accelerator out of the curve mainly in the management of understeer. the same in trail bracking. in both cases I consider rf2 it the best one.

About acc i can release judgments if I try, and I doubt I'll do that cause I consider gt3 boring.

About aris, I'm Italian and often he writes in a facebook group i follow explaining many interesting things. great person and extremely helpful.

Aniway, the most important thing is to have fun independently of the sim we prefer :D

19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ACC will be great, no doubt, but at the same time one race driver says "you nailed it" I also heard of other race drivers say "whoa that's not even close" (both commented on the same thing in the ACC demo..., i will try to find the source again).
    So you see, no matter how you twist it... for a big part it is and will probably always be personal preferences. When race car drivers cannot agree on this, how are we supposed to do that?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely, I often said it myself, often enough: FFB settings are subjective, and one channel in which physics "express" themselves. however, physics variables that are not included in the model cannot "condensate" in the FFB calculation - or can they!? :)

Aris is both very competent, and humorous, apparently. He wanted to hire me as Beta tester in the early days, but our email exchange to secure that for some unknown reason bogged down and it was bad timing anyway, and weekend also rushing in and him leaving office... It was not meant to be.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018