A list telling what car packs are on what physics pack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skybird, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Heck, no, certainly not me. I know that logic from flight sims as well: a cockpit module more difficult than in the rela world where it would be done by two people, must be more realistic, eh? Quatsch.

But the WTCC car yesterday jumped to my eyes immediately when trying it. It is so EXTREMELY tacked onto rails that it brings tears to said eyes. :) Its too extreme. Its not believable anymore. And that is what simulation is for me: cretaing a believable illusion. This one - WTCC 17 - exaggerates it, and tremendously so.

They don't. Its feedback from both one or two pro drivers and those guests and players testing it at their stands in Blancpain event in Misano. Its the verdict of the audience, not the studio.

2. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I feel like the "floaty" feel is really good for bone stock road cars and older racecars with high sidewall tires. I've driven many cars in reality that have that exact feel, as the tire flexes massively under the weight and momentum of the car, and you feel it all through the steering wheel in and out of the corner. Some of the older sports cars feel just right in AC (and others) given the tires and weight of older road cars. Sometimes I wonder if newer physics are forgetting this feeling, or is it just the reality of a lower sidewall tire, and a lighter car? To me, it seems that cars like the M1, and the GTO cars should have a bit of wiggle to them.

3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    They're just very different. Not only are modern radial tyres stiffer and have less tolerance for sliding around, but the aero differences are huge. Wing, splitters and big diffusers don't work too well going sideways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Can I get a updated list again for Alex physics? I only like his physics, the car behaves so much better, especially the tyres

GTR1
    GTR2
    GTR3
    GTR4
    WTCR
    All formulas

5. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson your driving instructor profile link 404s. I was interested in reading but they have removed you :(

6. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    The "Newest" means it was touched by the magic wand of Alex Hodgkinson :D

Physics.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  7. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member