A little adjustment made a huge difference

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Long story short, bought a steering wheel spacer for my new Momo mod 78 in order to bring it closer to my hands and achieve GT style driving position. At the same time, I had to bring the foot pedals closer too. The end result is fantastic and like best ever. The driving experience and ergonomics are on a whole new level. The sequential shifter is in the same spot and even more comfortable to use.

That being said, I encourage you to experiment driving with different seating and steering positions on your rig and try some crazy things. You will be surprised how some things will be brought to your attention and may take you to a whole new level.

In addition, funny thing is that this little adjustment feels great even with unrelated title Euro Truck 2. Very surprising? This is where Theoretically it doesn't make any scene but in Practice is spot on. :D

SO, TRY THINGS !

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I just recently put my Servo a bit back, added a 12cm spacer. Due to the DD servo being more away now I could lower the angle of the steering shaft a bit.
    Result now is a 5cm closer wheel in a much better position, plus I was able to move the monitor closer to the eyes too.

Position and angle of the steering shouldn't be underestimated. Same for pedals.

• Like Like x 1