Question ABS always on

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Drei, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Probably I missed something, but I just realized that most of the cars has ABS constantly ON, regardless of game mode (can't even find option/hotkey to turn it off). I tried so far DTM92 Mustang, GT3, GT2, ADAC 2013 (of course ADAC 2014 is alway ON)

Anyone has the same issue?

2. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Drei,
    with what mode you play ?? Get real ??

3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    yepp always get real

4. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    in the setup make 100% for power brake

5. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I use it on 99 since begining (which means 2 years nows :) ), but incase tried 100. Nothing changed, the wheels doesn't lock up, and i can feel the abs working on my steering wheel. This thing came up today i think. All day had problems with breaking, but first i thought probably im just too tired or can't concentrate. In the heat of multiplayer battles i didn't realize what is the problem. when i started a leaderboard challenge to change some setting on the car it became obvious pretty fast that i have ABS on all the times. Anyone know what would be the keyboard sghortcut for ABS? i found automatic gearbox on F4, and autoclutch on F5, but other functionkeys seems doing nothing (except F12 which is screenshot)....

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This sounds rather odd. As far as I am aware, ABS is tied to the "physics model" you choose before any single player race, or that is pre-determined by whatever server you join for multiplayer.

Novice, and Amateur both have assists turned on. Novice, we wont talk about. Amateur though, has pretty strong TC enabled as well as ABS. Even on Amateur with ABS enabled, I can still feel the wheels lock under various circumstances.

Get Real however, seems to only have TC enabled on some cars (ADAC 2014 for example where TC is default 25% I believe), and no other assists. ABS is definitely off on this physics model.

Perhaps you can do a test to see what you feel? Maybe you just arent entirely aware of the feeling or sound of locking up? Pardon me if I am assuming too much :p

One of the easiest cars to lock up from my experience is the 134 Judd V8 BMW. Go into a practice session at RaceRoom Raceway. Select the grand prix layout, and get a couple laps in to gauge the characteristics of the car and your baseline feeling of it.

Once you are comfortable and familiar with how it feels going around the corners... Crank up the brake pressure to 99. This should be locking on most of the full braking zones like the first chicane and the final 2 hairpins. As well as the 3rd chicane (or esses) in the middle of the track.

If you dont feel anything yet, which I would be certain you should, adjust the brake bias. First do like 70/30, and then try 50/50. Both of those should lock up the tires as well since they arent at all balanced for this car.

There is a definite screeching sound with this car that I can certainly notice whenever I lock the tires. Not only that, but the car also starts to slide and the control lessens. Going around corners when I have my apex in sight, and then I lock up pushes me far wide off my desired racing line.

You could also give the Saleen s7 a try as well. This car is fairly easy to lock up too.

Give this a shot and see if you feel anything different. I cant imagine you are experiencing a bug, since everyone downloads the same files when playing the game :p

Cheers

7. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    As i said i'm playing this game since the beginning, completed thousands of laps, and till now i could deffenetly feel the difference between ADAC 2013 and 2014 cars beaking, now it is exactly the same (included gt2/gt3), no way to lock up wheels. Today I tried GTR-X Zonda, and that locks up without any problem.

Whatever, thanks for the efforts guys :)

8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    A couple of nights ago a few of us did a ADAC 2013 race bc the 2014 mp server didn't have RBR; the brakes were insane as we were spoiled with the ABS. Certainly could feel a difference.

I believe that ABS is always on if that car has ABS. At some point they may allow changes that would change the race spec.

9. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    If the cars have ABS in real life, they have it in the game. I think it depends on the class.

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You're right, I did neglect to mention that. Maybe it's just as simple as the OP primarily using cars that have ABS like you said?

That probably makes the most sense now. I dont typically race with those cars very often, so maybe I am just more accustomed to feeling the cars I race with, lock up than if I would use other cars all the time. :p

11. diegomtllc

diegomtllc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ask that reason, every car with ABS ?? That is wrong

12. diegomtllc

diegomtllc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can edit a file as Race07?

13. marshma11ow8

marshma11ow8 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    All gt2/gt3 cars can have abs and tsc under the regulations

14. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I`ve not had any problems with the brakes on any of the cars; they lock up all too often for me :confused::) and, to be honest, if ABS was there as an option in the difficulty settings, I`d use it. I also use TCS in whatever cars it`s available; usually set to 90% at the start and then turned down a bit for the race.
    Have you tried turning off all the sound except scrub for a lap or two?