Accuforce Encoder Plug Wiring - Diagram - Photo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Not Lifting Off, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I bought a used 8020 rig not too long ago and spent over a week configuring it to my liking which is great, but come to use my wheel today and it wont calibrate.

It appears at some point the encoder plug has been pulled and three of the wires have come away, looking at it i could probably guess which wire goes where based on positioning, but it isnt a chance i want to take even tho im pretty sure they are just data connections.

If anyone knows the wiring order of the plug, (the smaller one of the two into the control box) or has a picture or schematic i would greatly appreciate it if you could share.

Thanks in advance.

The plug in question.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  2. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    if you bought a second-hand, the previous owner must give you the key. and I think you can find out all the nuances on the site from the support. they answer the same day. I would tell you but the casing is closed and the cable is not visible:(

3. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    No worries, as good as new now, messaged support they supplied an image with the showing the correct orientation.
    Accuforce support forum is slow and slow ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I will take this opportunity to ask. Have you used auto settings in games.

5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Im assuming you mean the cloud based tuning, only in ACC, but i prefered my own settings so stuck with them.
    I dont play any other games so cant help you there, im a bit of a one trick pony, play one game till it bores me or pisses me off then im off to focus on the next.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I also play this game. I can't find the cloud after the update. Can you try auto-tuning? There the driver itself does a test / analysis of your arrival. By teleimitry or by some other data, and I'll say it's not bad.

7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, yes, it was late, i have never had much luck with autotune, tried it a few times in RR when i first got my wheel but never had any joy. It could never record enough output data to produce a reliable FFB profile, it would record a little 500-700 but nowhere near the 7500 output signals it needed to create a profile.

8. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    very strange, I have enough two good circles for data

9. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    This was around 2 years ago, it may have been my inexperience with SC4 and accuforce in general, i think more likely the way RR has changed over time ;)