Problem AccuForce engine, brake, kerb vibration musical sound

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by shovas, May 17, 2015.

1. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The engine, brake and kerb vibrations come through on the AccuForce as almost like a musical instrument playing notes. It's like the vibrations are so high pitch it's completly audible from the motor and not a feeling of vibration through the wheel.

Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

2. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    I get the same. I figured there were frequencies/ranges used in the coding that most wheels simply ignore/could not reproduce. I have all of those effects turned off on my AF or I get the same thing... the wheel sings you an obnoxious little tune.
    Bailey

3. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know what settings might be good to update for this in the controller rcs file?

For example, all the vib settings

FFB throttle vibe freq mult="1.0" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50

FFB brake vibe freq mult="6.0" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.

FFB rumble strip freq mult="2.0" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.

4. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
  5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't it be better to completely turn off these FFB vibration effects with a DD wheel? Just set Engine, Brake, Kerb vibrations and Shift effect to 0%.

6. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Actually, they do add some more information about what the car is doing and how it's handling which I find valuable so it's nice to get them back to a semblance of working order.

It's actually more valuable on a DD wheel since it can reproduce effects much better.

7. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    For AccuForce owners,

I've done some more tuning and feel like I've improved the ability to catch slides, skids, and backend stepouts, and also reduced the "boat sway" steering feeling to almost nothing. I've simplified settings in-game and consolidated Smoothing, Spring, Damper, and Friction to SimCommander and zeroed them out in-game:

http://me.selah.ca/simxperience-accuforce-pro-steering-system/

I feel the updated cars are raceable now and the older cars (without updated physics/ffb) feel better as well.

8. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Hi Shovas, I appreciate all of your effort trying to dial the AF in for R3E. I visited your blog page and noticed the top date was older but figured it was a typo since it takes me at least a month to start typing 2016. :)
    I also wanted to see your settings in the photos but when clicked they all displayed the same photo (the SC settings.)
    Just thought I'd let you know.
    Thanks for putting so much time into tweaking it and sharing with the rest of us.
    Bailey

9. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Ah, thank you! I've fixed the issues. Wordpress can be frustrating with images :(