Released ADAC GT Masters 2018

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Well, this is mostly some wishful thinking, but hopefully the dream comes true, as it happened for a few of our previous cars :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just a curiosity or perhaps a bug (and I apologise if this has already been mentioned)…

The ADAC GT Masters 2018 cars have two drivers - in the race the second driver name is displayed (or one of the two names randomly picked??) but in the results file the first (other) driver name is listed.

So for example in the race I just finished the results file showed car 13 driven by Sven Barth as the winner but during the race Claudia Hurtger was named as the driver (and Crew Chief recognised Hurtger as well).

May be trivial except If you are trying to do a championship and using the results file to keep track.

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Don't want to stir s**t, but according to a Kunos employee, this is false info!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm surprised but if you say so...
    This doesn't change the fact that these brands are still not accessible for us :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yes and no... The Licenses for Kunos weren't totally free, but Kunos made some deals with them, offering Promo- and Driving-School Sims directly for manufacturers and saving the possibilty to use the Cars of that manufacturer in Assetto Corsa...

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can't our Anthony Monteil offer to make them sound right in a Sim for a 90% discount, bargain!
    Must have been a backhander or something somewhere down the line, pre 505 studio, Kunos were a small outfit as well, don't have a problem with bartering, meatballs maybe a non starter admittedly but S3 must be able to rustle up something the prancing pony needs, surely and I thought VW/Audi owned Lambo, is there not a backdoor through S3's relationship with Audi?
    Just seems a real shame but if the Italians believe themselves so superior, that they price themselves out of the game what can one do, well other than finding a third party team that can open some doors. Always bloody one that spoils it for everyone! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mike3

mike3 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I created new championship ADAC GT Masters 2018 (singleplayer), race 60 min. mandatory pitstop (65 sec.), ADAC GT 2015 rules. In half of race pitstop open, but AI went to pits in all next round, and again, again. I tryed test it in shorter race and it is the same. In 10 min race after open pits AI went to pits in all round. The bug I found in championship mode. I tested it in single race, there is OK! ADAC championship is unplayable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Risto

Risto Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    What explains the ADAC/GTR3 car gear ratios? Are they licensed/"real data" based?
    The Mercedes for example has 30km/h too long gearing compared to likes of BMW. Such wide gears and long final gear mean a disadvantage by default in fixed setup conditions. Why cant they be geared to be at least in the same ballpark via the final gearing? That would make (future) BoPping easier too.

9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Been wondering a similar thing as well for some time now. I think after the november update the gears of the r8 became much shorter than before (and shorter than anything youd find in real life onboards) so i asked if they changed the gearing for it to be more realistic or because of bop. Then @Alex Hodgkinson said hed gotten updated numbers from audi and now the gear ratio is accurate to real life. However the gear ratio (or at least what you perceive as such while driving) has changed massively twice since then so it must have something to do with the bop but i dont know what and why and everything. So ill keep checking this thread for future explanations :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Please remember that @Alex Hodgkinson also said that there might be differences in tyre diameter which can have a substantial effect on overall gear transmission ratio. I don't know what changed the (overall) ratio on the Audi (we're not told what exactly was changed), but it's possible that other parameters than the gear ratios have changed and still you get a different overall ratio. Furthermore afaik gear ratios are a means of BoP in real life too, so what is the correct real life gear ratio today might change at some point in time.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I do remember that playing a role but he said it can drastically change the speed in top gear whereas i find changes/differences to onboards throughout all gears. Also why should the tires in r3e have a different size than in any of the (major) real life series? That would seem like even more of an inaccuracy to me :D
    All that might be true but its still a bit of an immersion breaker (enough for me to keep crying about it for 4 months anyways ;D ) when i have to shift at different times or even take a corner in a different gear than what you see in real life

12. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Of course this is what he meant. If you change tyre diameter it changes the overall transmission ratio of ALL gears. Anything else just doesn't make any technical sense. The only reason why he laid emphasis on the final gear was because we were talking about the possible topspeeds.

13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well with me not knowing anything about the whole stuff ill just take the things he explicitly said for what he means.
    But so lets say the tire diameter is the reason for the difference then the question why r3e chooses an unrealistic or at least quite exotic tire diameter instead of whats normally used on the real thing. And if its something else then i would at least like to have some confirmation that its bop related and cant be prevented

14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Gear ratios and tyres aren't used as methods of BOP in real life and I doubt they are in game either. BOP is generally done by means of adding or removing ballast and by means of air intake restrictors which limit bhp.

Different engines have different characteristics, some are lower revving torquey engines and some are high revving. Setting gear ratios for the same top speed would not work as each car has different characteristics and strengths and weaknesses.

BOP is a balancing act, it aims to equalise laptime over most tracks. In real life cars are BOPed differently for the 24hr nurburgring race as that track is hugely different to a normal short course track.

In game the BOP will never work perfectly across all tracks, but generally some cars will perform better than others at certain types of track and visa versa. Clearly a higher geared top speed on the long straight at the ring is an advantage, on other tracks the gearing doesn't matter so much...you may just not use top gear on some tracks for example.

As far as I know the technical specs of the in game cars are as accurate as possible.. Cars are then BOP'd accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, I wasn't sure about gear ratios used fpr BoP in real life (thus "afaik"), but I remember reading this somewhere. But this is by no means a safe source so I surely didn't want to state this like being a fact. ;)

And nobody said that tyres (or their diameters) are used as a means for BoP in real life. I only read what Alex wrote about it when the gear ratios of the R8 were being discussed. And when Alex says in this context that different diameters can have an effect - which is of course generally true, no matter if different diameters are actually applied in real life - I take it as a hint that this actually happens in real life. And regarding the discussion, I guess what he meant was not different diameters within one championship, because tyres are mostly restricted to one manufacturer, but different diameters between different tyre manufacturers can surely be the case in real life. And when you compare some youtube videos with what you see in RR, any difference visible might be due to a different tyre manufacturer used on the respective car on youtube. They don't all run the same tyres, they run the ones which are enforced in the chamionship they are signed on to. But generally I can imagine tyres from one tyre manufacturer can be different for different cars, even inside one class. The tyres need to make up for highly different weight distributions of the different cars. Again, I don't know this but I'd consider this as quite probable.

But what I know for a fact is, that gear ratios HAVE been used in RR to BoP the cars. I remember the M6 getting a different (I believe longer) ratio in 5th gear to help it a little bit at the time it was a bit behind still. But I also guess that something like this only happens in case the correct gear values are not known by Alex in the first place. So one guessed ratio is as good as any other guessed ratio. :cool:

Afaik there are 3 different categories of tracks made up by the FIA and one of these is applied to each track. And each GT3 car has a BoP for each of these categories. So BoP is different in real life from track to track already. But in game we only have one BoP, which makes it simpler but at the same time more difficult to actually balance all cars for each track. And if you ask me Alex has done a great job at this so far. :)

16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Again all of what you say might well be true :D
    But i dont complain about watching a bathurst onboard and seeing a different gear ratio when driving in r3e. I complain about watching onboards from different tracks and different series and all of them being pretty close together while r3e doesnt neccessarily match with any of those. I probably should watch some vids again before putting out this statement but i wont for lack of time :D if i do some time later and my perception changes ill let you guys know

17. TM-Motorsport

TM-Motorsport Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Will there be an 2019 Skin uptade for GTM?

18. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    No, it's much more likely that they will release the 2019 season separately.

19. Nemesis2805

Nemesis2805 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I noticed it only today, but thanks to Sector 3 for updating the Corvette C7 skins with the wrong Corvette logo!
    I know it was just a small insignificant detail, but now I'm happy :hearteyes:

There is a small thing there but that bothers me a little.
    The grille, or the design around this, you would also have to revise times ;)
    KÜS Team 75 R3E vs Real.png

You may also look over the covers of the Endurance lights over it, with the shading that looks a bit strange (on all GTM18 Porsches), because you can not see the normal way. (Also look at the Falken Porsche, because you did it right)
    I think the Iron Force Skin is special again, probably your mapping does not allow A-Symetric Design