News ADAC GT Masters - Hockenheim Competition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Sep 19, 2016.

1. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Are possible have us résults please ?
    thanks ;)

2. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    1. Alex Dorniden
    2.Marvin Otterbach
    3.Klaus Schulze

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  3. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    ok thanks Max ;)

4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It was a really nice race weekend, and I had the oppurtunity to meet all the simracers that I mostly just know from online. Special shout-out to Cristian and Thomas who made it all the way from Romania. And Jordan Pepper was so nice to show me his car and explain how to drive Bentley. :D

About the competition itself, for me it was incredibly difficult to adapt to the conditions, to drive with Fanatec wheel 540°, load cell brakes for which I need my whole bodyweight (I drove with left foot in a shoe, and right foot in socks as usual) in a very loud enviroment. Usually I sit at home with the shutters down, quiet around me, a cola on my table and my wheel is set up with 200°, Logitech pedals I can press with my little toe and almost no FFB. So I drove a terrible race and threw away 5th place, which would have been enough to qualify for the next race, in the gravel trap. :D A little consolation was that Christopher Mies made exactly the same error in the real GT Masters race. Congrats to Alex who drove almost as fast as online and deservedly won the event.
    To be honest there were still some difficulties in terms of regulations, equipment and competition itself that led to some frustration too. But I hope it will be fixed for the future events.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2016
  5. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    @Robert Wiesenmüller :
    So you see that the Sim is built around the G27, other FFB in the sim do not come to their right to a different wheel. I regret this

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I cannot judge this. I am not complaining that the Fanatec wheel was bad. I just say, I always need a looong time to get used to something new, and I just didn't manage it during the event to get used to Fanatec.

7. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

I mean there's nothing wrong with it, just that the people with a G27, I think, have a small advantage that is all;)

8. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Having recently gone from a G27 to a T300 I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Both of those wheels feel good in R3E but the T300 feels significantly better, as it does in most games. The quality of the default FFB settings for both of those wheels is very high.

9. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Glad to hear you like them. I spent quite some time to tune those settings.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I can assume that you have a lot of time sitting in front of the right feeling, my point is that you put little or no FFB with a G27 and drive around like a ARCADE, I tested different steering wheels at the time, and only the G27 has the advantage of driving without a few FFB , and that's all, anyone else drive different

11. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand why you feel having LESS force feedback is an advantage unless something is getting lost in language somewhere in here. Having more, detailed feeling in the wheel allows you to more accurately feel what the car is doing without having access to actual g forces on your body. Having more or less FFB doesn't make the car react any differently to your inputs. Less FFB might feel less immersive, less realistic, but the actual physics underneath still operate as they always do regardless of your FFB settings.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Well,the first time that I was at the Hockenheimring and saw a ADAC GT Masters Race:).Here a few short Vid's and Pic's.
    Racestart Saturday wet conditions.

Racestart Sunday.

Some Pictures that I took.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I can't leave this with the beasty Sound of the BMW Z4 GT3.First time that I heard the Sound of that Car Live.:D

For me it was the Loudest sound of all Race Car's that Weekend:rolleyes:.

Overall it was a cool Motorsports Weekend.Now I love the ADAC GT Masters much more.So nice to see the Driver's battle for Positions.But then the horrible Crash of the Corvette with Jules Gounon.I think everybody is happy that this Driver didn't get
    heavier injuries.What I personally didn't like was the informations that i found on the Internet about the whole Event before i went there.I didn't even find the location where the Live Race from Raceroom was.Wanted to take a look and eventually take a few shots.o_O:(...nevermind
    Next time I'll take a better Cam with me and hopefully get a bit closer to all the Action;).
    have phun ..
    Cheers k.C goran

• Like Like x 5
  13. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    @Max Hey,I think we where sitting close to each other.Take a look here
    [​IMG]

Next time let's drink a Beer and have a good chat;):)

• Like Like x 1
  14. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Somewhere there is a misunderstanding in the language but may I ask, have you driven a OSW or a Leo Bodnar, believe me there is a difference. I speak from personal experience.

15. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    At this Moment I trink a beer with my Dad