Adding 2DOF motion to my Playseat rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nolive721, May 2, 2019.

1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I have been building my 1st Simrig since the beginning of the year going with a PLAYSEAT Evolution now sitting on a plywood board with industrial casters simple yet efficient DIY.

My rig is indeed sitting in my private Office with a rather small available space (roughly 8sqm) and I am switching between gaming on Triple screens or TV if the Sim does not support triples well (ACC do you hear me....) so I needed compactness and mobility altogether

I think the pics attached in my thread in the AC forum https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...th-ts-pc-racer-and-csr-inverted-pedals.54967/ are self explanatory for you guys to figure out.Its a cramped space but I think I have managed it well for the 2 intended purposes.

Last month I decided to move one step more far with immersion adding bass shakers (2 DAYTON pucs) under the seat.Once the Japan holiday are finished and I go back home,I will add one more puc on the back of the seat and one puc under my pedals plate.

All the bass shakers will be driven by a 5.1 amp on the hardware side, and SImhub(great tooll!!!!) and VMB for the telemetry tactile effects.
    Tactile feedback has been a fantastic upgrade to my whole simracing experience.

Now my final step (wishful thinking maybe...) is to add motion to my rig.

I had narrowed down my Options to NLV3, Prosimu T1000 3DOF and DOFreality M2 seat mover or H3 rig.

I am pretty much sold on the DOF MS2 after a lot of reading this week between going for a seat mover or a full rig motion, but I am open to suggestions hence my post here on what seems to be the best forum for motion adding.

My 2 main criteria are keeping the footprint of my rig as small as possible but also ensuring mobility so I can switch between TV and triples and also park the rig on one corner of my small Office space.

I understand the DOFreality MS2 has specific mount for my Playseat but I am concerned with packaging constraints due to motors and arms creating possible clash with my DAYTON pucs as well as the amp driving them.

I am also a bit concerned with how the plywood board would cope with the actual motion effects. The 2 caters at the back have brakes but I wonder if that would be sufficient to keep things stable while driving long runs.

Also potentially concerned with the strength of the plywood getting hammered continuously with pitch&roll movements.

I have plenty of other considerations in my head at considering the validity of my initial choice and how to execute it, and I am even thinking a bit ahead with how to add traction loss down the road , although I understand the DOFreality MS2 dont offer that path, but yes this is where my head is at right now.

Its a long post already but basically what I am looking for is users experience who would have gone the same route of adding 2DOF with seat mover only and on a Playseat ideally

thanks so much

Olivier

2. Richard Jay

Richard Jay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey @nolive721 , I have the Playseat / NLR v.3 adaptor here.... brand new never installed :) as you can see from my Avatar I upgraded somewhat.... Let me know if you are interested

3. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    eh Richard, thanks for the offer!

But to be honest,I am still in the brainstorming phase at what I will be getting next, seat mover or full rig.

and to be even more open, the DOFreality products seems to provide the value for money that I can live with so the NLRv3 is going to be a pass I believe

sorry

4. Richard Jay

Richard Jay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey no worries...

I went through the same dilemma a few months ago.... ended up buying the v3 and all adaptors due to space / noise constraints.... And then got a great price on an even bigger N1 so had to get another set of adapries for that .... simracing..... a hole to throw money into

5. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    yes seems the DOFreality has a dedicated PLAYSEAT built in design so no need for adapter thats also why I am leaning towards this option

time will tell but I am with you on simracing being a big $$$ hobby, I might end up with a full motion rig:p

6. Richard Jay

Richard Jay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DD wheel base and some new pedals on my shopping list at the moment .... but must say ... loving the V3 ... so weird in VR without it now

7. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    3k$ plus shipping and I guess the Japanese customs would not miss that big piece of tech when it arrives in Tokyo, I might end up with 3.5 grand easy so despite all the good reviews I have read, I cant justify the invest vs the time I have left to play simracing these days...

one thing though, how did you cope with the lack of 3rd DOF read no traction loss HW feature in there? I heard on YT reviews they did somehow implement it at SW level but I have my doubts so happy to hear a real user here.

thanks again

8. Richard Jay

Richard Jay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Honest answer ..... I have no idea how they did it or even how i recognise it ... but .... well it's just weird .... it sort of sways skips and jumps and you throw in some oposite lock and the world reverts to normal ..... psychological? Physics? Magic? Or maybe a combination of them all

9. randy_yi

randy_yi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here's mine.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1