Advanced stats @profile pages need improvement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lucaf9397, Jan 28, 2019.

1. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    In the profile pages (game.raceroom.com/users) I see an interesting "Advanced statistics" button, but when I click on it, it feels almost a joke, what comes behind it. Invalid laps: Who is interested of such information? Or "top speed". Oh, no!

In my opinion there is much nonsense content there, meanwhile the most interestend information is missing: Leaderboard statistics. This is confusing.

The screen content doesn't feel really advanced, cmon. Under every box of that screen there should be a small list of cars/tracks I have used under that subject. And when I click a row (car or track), it would display specific stats. For example: 1) inside "best laptime" box I should see a list of tracks I have driven, and the personal best of each track. 2) inside "Distance" box I should see a list of tracks and the distance I have driven on each one. And so on.

This may sound complicate, but it is not. Its just about making some simple database queries and putting the results on the screen. Its a matter of taste if the data would be only leaderboard data, or could there be also data from multiplayer sessions. I would vote for the later one.

This kind of improvement of course will not bring instant income in form of "new items available", but it will surely boost the enthusiasm inside the community. I would call it a long term investment.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I really miss some more detailed statistics in raceroom since ages now :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    There is no way to see all my leaderboard entries in a single screen. I can't believe that. Should I write them on the paper? o_O

4. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I started to write down my results in an Excel form as it seemed to be the only way to archive them

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Proper statistics and info is one more of the basic/common features that Raceroom is lacking and which hurt its sucess, I think, becouse in the current simracing market, where all the top sims are all very high quality, a sim is now defined more by its cons than by its pros.

We don't even get proper lap-times at the end of a race :confused:
    This might seem just a minor thing, but in Raceroom there are a lot of "minor things" that add up...

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Now I jump a little from the topic, or maybe I should have named better this thread:

The minimum that could be very easily done: In Leaderboard screen if you search for a specific driver, you should be able to select "all cars" and/or "all tracks". Then I could watch all my (or somebody else's) hotlaps. Please, implement this at least; Just add "all tracks" and "all cars" options in the dropdown lists.

Because its kinda stupid, that I should use the workaround that I change my nationality to some that is 100% not used by anybody else, just for being able to filter out my records.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Patience ladies! All will come to those prepared to wait.
    To reiterate, small team, lot to do, ;) by all means make requests the more the merrier but if you start at the beginning (2013) the list of requests, by in large have been honoured and some, yes there is plenty to do, so there is plenty to come.
    Being a RR enthusiast requires a modicum of Mother Theresa, sprinkling of John McEnroe and a whole dose Count Dracula (bit harsh but a common thread).
    What I'm trying to say is.......................... join the bloody queue! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Tbh im not quite sure i get what you mean but for me the advanced statistics page leaves little to desire

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Patience, yes, but we need to keep lighting a fire under Sector 3's asses to make them keep moving. :p
    Thats why I like to balance every praising post I do by following it with 2 or 3 posts of complaints. I don't want them to think we're settled with what we have already. :D

As Jardier would say: C'mon push push push!

10. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree, that the current "advanced" stats page is quite useless, and nowhere near advanced.

2013 .... in times where Sector3 doesn't had its own forum, i made a suggestion in RD forum (which was formerly used as Raceroom forum) -> click

Would be great to have something like that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually not a statistics nerd, not a fan of Hotlapping/LB Competitions (except for I must, to enter an event or so) I only "memorize" the great moments I had during a race, cause thats what I'm in for : Racing against fellow racers or against the mostly brilliant AI (preferably Multiclass). anything else I don't care much for BUT it would be nice to have a polished Profile Page with the actual recent data, the actual tracks I raced on, the actual cars I favorably raced on...my Profile Page looks like never been updated since at least 2016.
    But keeping in mind how long it took to implement features like Multiclass in Singleplay and various other fixes/updates, specially minor ones, it's not of high priority, which is absolutely okay for me, cause I'm confident it will come soonerâ„¢ or later .....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    As an addition why not but hopefully something like that wont replace what we currently have

13. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    It seems like Bio Sport was onto something with his stats logbook the whole time ..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    If he did so he sadly missed to communicate it in a proper understandable way....:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I know it's not integrated but I use the secondmonitor app, it provides in game timing and other stuff but also produces a very detailed race report giving lap times of all players/ai drivers. It also spits out decent telemetry now too. Worth a look.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Still, it's just a workaround. I'd really like to see these things implemented into Raceroom client, just like the Store is.

Now imagine I want to have a clean multiplayer race with a spotter, head tracking and archived laptimes. To make it possible I need to run SRS, CrewChief, Freetrack, secondmonitor and then finally Raceroom. Quite a lot of apps :p S3 could shorten the list to CrewChief and Freetrack by an UI update and a well made rating system. I know its by all means a lot I'm wishing for, but hey, did you know S3 is looking for a new programmer...? :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you say his name 3 times you know he will appear, so carefully does it! ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Bio sport
    Bio sport
    Bio sport
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. adrift

adrift New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, profile pages are a bum deal.
    The leaderboards are useful for competing with people you know, but more could be done.
    The Advanced Statistics is useless. Completely useless.
    It would be nice if anything were documented as well. As an example, I found that if you do 100 laps of a race, and on the last lap you hit the pits for a dash of gas and violate pit speed exiting your box in a hurry, not only are you instantly disqualified from the race, but all of your laps are thrown away as never done - you don't get any update to your statistics page. WTF? Bizarre. :(
    Main point is this would be good to know but I can't find it documented anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Maybe its of no use to you but it certainly isnt to other players. I for one find basically everything i wanna know in there