Advice on Omega rig ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Viggdred, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    I'm planning to change my good old Playseat Challenge for an Omega rig.
    Does anybody own one, and can give me some advice/feedback ??
    gt-omega-art-racing-simulator-cockpit-rs6-seat-89-500x500.jpg

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I got one.
    Anything in particular you're looking to find out?

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I have a gt art one which is identical to that and it is awesome, see the photos of my setup in the show your rig thread

• Like Like x 1
  4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Same here, it's the only one ever owned, so no comparison. Things I didn't like:
    The brake plate is not well fixable (rotates), the t3pa pro pedals are heavy and cause too much momentum (had to fix using the wall).
    Steering plate on a single movement trajectory, can't raise without changing distance. The red seat is warm, not much ventilation for back, too much side polsters imo.

Good is that it is robust enough to mod and work around etc. Sturdy wheel. Also nice to have h shifter mount.
    Given the price it still is a good deal, for the features/platform you get. That said I would consider something else and spend more in future, maybe just replace the seat or so (although that seems generally true with all sim gear ;) )

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  5. Viggdred

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for informations, guys...
    I think it's a sturdy product, or so it seems...
    Is it possible to fold the seat or possible, in any way, for fhe rig to take less space (got a small room) ??

6. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    My pedal plate is solid as, is steel, the seat is adjustable up and down and back and forth so that negates the steering plate issue. The frame is also adjustable for different heights, my seat is black and suede, haven't had any heat issues here in summer, the rig itself is very solid.
    I cannot really fault it, if I was lucky I would say that the cross bar in front of the seat is in an awkward spot but that is it really

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Viggdred

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    350€, post paid !!
    Think it worth it !!!
    Only 30€ more than the RR3055, wich is less apealing...
    Will see that next month !!!
    Thx all for the return of info...

• Like Like x 1
  8. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Not really. I mean, you can split it in two fairly quickly by removing the joint in the middle, so you end up with the seat itself in one half and the wheel/pedal base in the other.
    But that doesn't make it all that much smaller. :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Viggdred

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    And finaly, does a Fanatec CSL Wheelbase fit well, mean without drilling ??

10. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about csl but they come with a lot of pre drilled patterns including for fanatec, it probably depends on if the csl has the same bolt holes as other fanatic products my csr elite pedals are pre drilled

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    There's a drilling template for download on fanatec homepage. Seems they're standardised.

12. theblacknight04

theblacknight04 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Can you confirm those are the DSD P1/P2 button boxes your using please. Also your Ram Mounts could you list what parts are needed as i have the same cockpit as you cheers in advance

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  13. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Hey there, they are both the dsd p1. The ram mounts are the "b" size which is a 1 inch ball, it has the round base, the long extension, a double ball end joiner and then the short extension. I then bolted a diamond plate to the back of the button boxes, didn't need to drill out any extra holes in the button boxes, it was a match.

• Like Like x 1
  14. theblacknight04

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thankyou very much for all the great info, I think ive found all the "B" mounts you've described :p

[​IMG]

15. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Those bits look correct, the only thing I am unsure of is the shorter extension, just measured mine and it was 4 inches or 10cm from tip to tip, what a great explanation hey, sounds a little x rated.

16. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Just looked at website where I purchased and the only difference I could see was a u in the item code, your socket arm measurements look correct as I think that is centre to centre.

17. theblacknight04

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ok ill have a check and see if there a slightly longer extension, cheers :p

18. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    no worries

19. Viggdred

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I'm heading towards that one, finaly...
    Thanks, all...
    gt-omega-pro-racing-simulator-basic-rs6-seat-75-500x500.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Good call mate, that's the same one I have and at 6ft 6 tall I can say it fits me well, plus it's got a nice and solid feel about it.

I'm happy with mine, I would say the seating position is a little more upright that I would ideally like. I've always been happy with it but recently I've seen one or two posh ones that puts you in a more open wheel car type of seating arrangement, which kind of appeals a bit to me. But hey, it's not exactly a deal breaker anyway.

The only issue I have with it is the lack of adjustability on the pedal deck. My standard pedals are the Fanatec V2's and they are fine, but I've got some nice DSD's sat doing nothing that need to be flat mounted, which sadly I can't do with this rig. Also if one was to want the pedals inverting and mounting upside down, that too isn't possible with this rig.

Other than that it's a really good piece of kit, and well worth the money they charge. I think you'll be happy with it I'm sure!

Enjoy it mate and let us all know how you get on once its arrived :)