Aggressive Ai

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neil, Feb 1, 2018.

1. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Ai regularly crash into me.
    Similar to this video about common mistake accept they don't break they just hit me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    All information helps no matter what the issue!!!
    Since? Today, yesterday, always? driving what? Adaptive ai or what %, track or tracks? Get Real or Am mode, you need to elaborate a little, makes replying and trying to help so much easier, except i dont race the ai so cant help at all!

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh then I do have another one...

Driving DTM92 yesterday, championship, Nürburgring Short.

Last S corner before you can enter the pit lane or last chicane, however you like.
    The AI is breaking that late that when I wa in front of one I was pulled of track every single time.
    I did restart the first race 4 times then I figured out to drive another line. So I let the AI always pass while braking. Was thrilling always. But I kept my nerves (Jim would be so proud :D) and won the race....;)

4. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Was this before or after the latest patch was installed on your PC?

5. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As I am racing a lot on Nürburgring Short I like to say it appeared yesterday after the patch for the very first time. BUT in the past I only run GT3 class.
    As mentioned it appeared with DTM92.
    I will do some tests today...

• Like Like x 1
  6. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This is not a new thing for me, so since a while. I have adaptive Ai. Get real. I can't give specifics ie tracks or cars as its a common occurrence but i can start noting these details.
    What would be helpful is if i could provide video, anyone know how i could do this?

7. The Dandy Highwayman

The Dandy Highwayman Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Record your gameplay with OBS or Shadowplay/ReLive

I would like to see it, most complaints I have seen of AI behaviour in most titles is people divebombing AI then being surprised when they turn in on them.

8. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm definitely not dive bombing them, not saying its not something down to my driving but i certainly am able to overtake them patiently & give them space. Ai seem well matched as well as i was running in 6th position from 11th. Although imo Ai level shouldn't be a factor for clean racing.
    Unfortunately I'm struggling with video im using Oculus Rift & shadowplay records the desktop & black screen.

9. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After a couple of races with DTM92 and h-pattern on 106 % I like to say the AI is unbelievable agressiv...quite a bit much for my taste. In fact I like to say the AI concernig DTM92 is not well done. You need to have an eye for every car close behind you...early braking is 100% for sure ending up in a crash. Ok, kinda thrilling...;):D

10. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, if my last race (1 min ago) would have been a real one I would have now to beat up some of those....grmpf...:mad:

Double 0 points but pole at Norisring....in both races I was shot down several times of AI....man man...how I like Biela (Audi) that much...he would be the winner of my very first punch ! ...grrrrr....:mad:;):D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of laptimes were you running at Norisring?
    Reason I ask is that getting rammed by the AI under braking is usually a pretty good indicator of the AI being set too high.

12. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Noris.PNG

As for the Norisring I have seen a lot stupid things done by AI. One Audi rammed another Audi coming out of the pit...and in this case I was a bit disappointed cause the crash was that hard both should have ended the race immediately. The damage system is not though enough...

As for lap times...in the race itself I am running 54,xxx to 55,xxx depending on traffic...AI keeps up with these lap times...

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Generally when you win from AI you have set your AI level to low. But as far as AI concerns, I don’t know if generally seen every car class and/or track gets the same kind of love from S3S’s programmers :p. So it certainly could be that AI behaviour can vary from track to track and so with car classes.

But what I do know is that AI can be pretty finicky to set manually. Setting it to too low or to high can lead up to behaviour which not on the level one races at. Which most likely leads to incidents. In regarding to that I have to say adaptive AI really makes a difference for me personally. And when I review my incidents with AI, it’s almost exclusively my own fault because I made small mistakes, mostly steering and braking. And more often than not lacking my own spatial awareness is the real problem :D:p.

14. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I agree, the AI is set too low if anything.
    What puzzles me a bit is that I've just done the same race. Started from pole at 110%, and no problems whatsoever.
    Alright, yes I got tapped a few times in the braking zones, but nothing that pushed me off the line.
    Mainly a problem of Norisring not having anywhere to go if something happens.

But generally speaking, the shorter the track, the more finicky the AI becomes.
    It's not too bad when you're running spec cars, but multi-car classes on super-short tracks is a bit of an adventure at times. ;)

15. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    The only problem I see with the Ai is that setting a higher % skill or using a well trained adaptive Ai the better they get it also make the Ai more aggressive which is not okay IMO...
    And IMO aggressive driving should not exist at all, what I mean with aggressive driving is pushing from behind, trying to overtake where there really is not room but still tries and if you're not in the perfect line they shove you off the track to take the line from you.. Non of that is okay..

Part from that I think the improvement on the Ai is great, couple hours ago I did a 20 min single race on the VLN-Nordschleife with my adaptive Ai (the Ai have about 2.5 - 3 hours adaptive training on the VLN track)
    I Did this to see if their been some improvement on adaptive Ai when you practice with them and race with them and that it have big improvements. :D

But their is that thing of situation awareness, how, when and where is it a appropriate to pass or not on a track, that is where they fail the most IMO. They do the most stupid attempt to overtake some times where there is really no room for it and still they try if you're slower or just miss the perfect line then the Ai try to overtake even if it's in a the most stupid place on track to overtake and this is not okay that is way to aggressive.

Then you have the NOT driving a straight line on a straight stretch of the track unless they're in a overtake situation, there is no reason for Ai to zick, zack all the way on straights it make no sense.

So yeah Ai might not be perfect but IMO it is damn good and I suspect it will get better over time to, some of my adaptive Ai that I use are starting to be really good now and fun to race with.(not counting the small flaws mentioned above which they to have.)

Edit: would be nice to have, skill, smoothness, roughness and aggression level to your adaptive or all Ai for that matter, so you can give a % how much and how it should be divided over the amount of Ai driver you add to a race.

That'll give them different driving behavior up on your choice then on the adaptive they progress from there, so the more the adaptive Ai get to practice the more variety in there driving you'll see. Unless you change that setting again then it will be reset to your new choice of change... hmmm...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018