Aggressive AI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by squints87, Jun 24, 2017.

1. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    No, one flying lap for the entire grid is enough to get an entry.
    If you're running adaptive you can actually just restart the race at that point, and it'll try again.
    Although it's still more efficient to 'train' it.

2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  3. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hands up :D

But deleting the AI file does help.

4. Rob-olley

Rob-olley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    A.I is much better than some time ago. I happened to feel myself getting caught up behind cars that struck me like bullets and they sent me out of the way while they were running. Sector 3 guys did a great job, because the improvements have been for me and they are obvious. I use the adaptive A.I that, after deleting the file here somewhat know each other, works wonderfully. Now the cars behind you will see you, and even if you pad, they will not send you out. It will take a few laps but once the CPU has taken your time, everything will be magnificent!;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheMagicYeti

TheMagicYeti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I find the A.I to be a bit too aggressive as well. If the A.I starts to muscle me off the track, then I just let them go instead of me being pushed off the track.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Learn to deal with it I think the AI is good
    I drive a lot of races against the AI

7. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Depends on what you drive really. Group 5 and IMSA GTO are nearly unplayable, the AI goes as far ramming you off the track in practice sessions even when you leave them room on the inside. They are fine in modern stuff, but I really think Raceroom shines with those vintage cars and it's just such a shame that ever since Sector 3 raised the aggression level of the bots, running races in those cars is an exercise in frustration. They should really look into that, or maybe just do what everyone else does and add an aggression slider.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Gr.5s aren't so bad.
    Granted, it's harder to get good racing than with e.g. GT3s simply because both the player and the AI have a little less control over the cars, but it's certainly doable.
    GTOs are death-traps, I quite agree. I think it's because they're still on the last physics-iteration, and thus a little less forgiving when it comes to rubbing.
    But in both cases, I think it has more to do with the collision-physics, rather than the AI itself.

9. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Not in all cases, as I said, you will often experience AI side-swiping you without any reason even if you leave them half the track and the racing line. They do nothing to avoid contact, quite the opposite.

10. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone found an AI strength that is good but not overly aggressive? I mainly race online but would be nice to try the AI.