Aggressive Wheel Centering

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by machwebb, Feb 2, 2015.

1. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your time Peter....now I just have to wait for my working day to end....:(

Cheers.

EDIT: I went home for lunch...5 min walk!!

These settings to a degree have worked pretty well, plenty of detail, although a little light. I just increased the FFB and Steering Intensity a little, and I'm now closer.

Is it possible then that most of us are clipping? we just need the pedal and force meters!

thanks all again and thanks for your settings Peter..

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Peter your settings are probably the best I tried.

But in all honesty they are all bit, hit n miss in regard to how much different they all really are. You still cant feel what the tyres at the front are doing with any tweak ive tried. It still feels very hovercraft-y. yes you can feel every bump or kerb in RRE, but that's all I can feel its like the tyres don't have any ffb, only maybe lock up. When you do a hard turn and the tyres are supposed to be scrubbing, there is absolutely no feedback there through the wheel, feels like a void of ffb which is missing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Having given it more time just now....I agree Dan....and as soon as I go for more strength the whip comes back...but I think you have it there, it's just hardly any tyre feedback.....it's definitely better though, but still work to be done.

Edit : with the preferred weight the force is fine. it just isn't there when reducing force to reduce the original issue.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    An equivalent of rFactor 2's third party pedal overlay plugin is much needed. It really helped me set up my FFB in that sim and it's actually surprising how far I had to turn down the FFB multiplier to avoid clipping. The result was a more progressive, detailed feel to the FFB.

On that basis I'm pretty sure R3E is clipping like mad, with my wheel at least (CSR). Trouble is I find steering force intensity is a trade-off between combating the vague centre feel and reducing the aggressive centring force. Higher helps with the former, lower helps with the latter, nothing really helps fight both.

5. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I will test further but I'm fairly sure that Raceroom doesn't use the constant gain in TMs driver, only periodic. Where as iRacing uses Constant.....and doesn't have the same problem. Food for thought..

6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Shift feedback doesn't work without constant.

• Like Like x 1
  7. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    This is the kind of info we need to help us set up...any more? ;) thanks.

8. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    50% constant seems to improve for me. Gives good feed back and not to strong wheel force.

9. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Peter, My wheel gets all of it's force from the Periodic setting though and practically nothing from the Constant setting in Raceroom, though in iRacing the force comes from the Constant setting.

On the whole the R3e feedback is fine, and I'm coming round to thinking that it could be the wheel, though the return force does seem a little more pronounced in R3E but i to want to race in Raceroom so I'm keen to put the time in, it’s probably just my lack of driving real RWD racecars and trying to recover one from a rear wheel slide at over 100mph or trying to control fast direction changes though tight chicanes at speed. Who am I to say what a wheel should be doing under these conditions when I've never experienced them.

I may try resorting back 900'/25-30 on the steering settings to see if that helps, currently I use 540'/15-18 which will make those kind of forces stronger won't they?

I will also have to improve my driving.

Edit : Switching back to 900 DOR has sorted it.....

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  10. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is this going to be fixed this issue?

as it ruins the whole handling of every car, when the centering force is far too intense!

I have no spring or damper settings on on my wheel, yet still have this issue.

S3 please advise.

11. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Have you added this to the devstream thread? They might reply on Thursday.

12. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I actually cant play RRe anymore the horrid force centring actually, stops me from driving these cars probably. I tried the new daytona but its just as bad as the old new physics.
    Im sorry S3, ive actually found my self in forced sways left to right trying to correct the over centring..

i wont mention this again, as i think ive harped on it enough.....

but please look into this.. so i can enjoy this sim once more.

13. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    hi MsportDan

We are indeed looking into it.

I can't guarantee that what we're adding will solve your problem but we are working on adding options for spring, damper and friction. With those added we will also turn these off in all the profiles by default.

We believe this is related to the issue you are having. If not we will of course keep looking into fixing and improving things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very much appreciated Sonat.. I realise ive gone on about this, but only because i really want to enjoy RRe and for me has lots of potential. I have all spring and damper settings in profiler to 0.

I found only way to get rid of this is to really lower the steering force, but then you have no feeling in the corners :(

cheers mate.

15. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I have had to turn my force setting way down to help the straightline wobble over centre. hopefully these new features will help. it always feels like you are swerving down a straight. some cars worse that other but I agree after yesterdays update the DP is nearly impossible to drive. most others are fine though.

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but any updates on this Sonat? (or anyone else?)

Spring, damper and friction do not solve the problem.

• Like Like x 1