AI Aggression

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .OG Isaac, Nov 18, 2016.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Ah, getting a bit nervous now:eek:, had your father been to Germany in summer of '66 and, ah, could you please describe him a bit?
    My father told me exactly the same and he was damn' right!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    A Swedish/German rotbart may have been found in the germany around then yes. :p

And yes, it's sound fatherly advice that one. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Dtm 15
    I was just tryin hold my position at the end. Not even passing. If one was next to me they would follow the optimum line and just run me off the road. Like I wasn't even there. I'll try again later today. See if it's any different.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    how many cars , at what % AI ?

Andi

5. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Bathurst - 34 AI on 115% - Get real - tires & fuel on - Radical SR9 Judd - 30 laps
    I started recording the problem i encounter with AI with Fraps. . It seems that there is a lack of awareness:
    Start of the race, all cars close together. The whole pack races down to Griffins Bend. Im on the inside while we approach the corner. Im on the tail of the car in front. On my left rear is an AI car with his front right wheel near my left rear wheel. The AI just steers in, like im not there, spinning me around. This situation occurs A LOT. Im restarting and restarting.
    Another teeth grinding situation is the AI divebombing in every gap they see logic or not and even better: they hold the line with an amazing speed.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ok ... if you want the Ai to be as intelligent as it can be then dont have more than 30 of them;
    :make sure you qualify honestly; dont just put yourself in the top whatever of the grid ... do the quali session ...
    and retry if its still sucky drop the AI % a couple of clicks

Andi

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    21 at 105

8. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    New update is almost perfect but almost makes the difference. AI behaviour is hard to accept when he destroys you race. Take a look at this short video please, and judge yourself. AI drives Audi no. 3, this is the 3rd corner of the Indianapolis circuit, Grand Prix layout.

New code for AI allow them to ram me out of the track. Is this a police chase or what?!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  9. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Which track and layout ?

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the video. Believe it or not, that is quite useful. It clearly shows the issue well, and also shows that this is happening in the P1 class at Indianapolis.

I was experiencing this same sort of problem in testing, so it must be harder to correct than we think. We all want the AI to be aggressive and put up a good fight, but not too aggressive to do this and crash into you.

I'll add this to the report in our bug tracker ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    mid ohio short

12. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your attention. :) I hope my video contribute to imrovements that makes R3E the best racing simulator. By the way, that kind of AI behaviour happens not only in presented above circuit. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there is a small list that is already noted.

It seems to me like this is more of a general behavior with the cars rather than a class by class issue. But the more proof the better. Luckily though, it doesnt seem to happen all the time. But it certainly shouldnt be happening at all like in the video you posted.

Cheers

14. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    My first experience of the updated AI was favorable. I could see AI trying to avoid me. Not sure what car/track combo.

But I've had problems with DTM 2015 @ Hockenheim. AI at 115.
    It's one of those situations where they go for a gap that really isn't there. I've had Ai pass me on the grass on the inside at turn 12. I'm purple through the first sector against AI and faster through turn 6. But I can't seem to keep up after turn 7. I'm pretty sure it's my driving, but still.....I'm rammed from behind in Turns 2, 8, 12, and 15/16.
    I qualified 7th. Haven't been able to complete a race yet.
    just fyi. Next time I try a race, I'll save the video.

15. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Raser... You've got a point. "I'm rammed from behind..." AI behaviour destroys our pleasure... Is'nt the purpose to give to us the R3E? Pleasure from racing! No matter in which level you are... Reality - plesure that is the dilemma.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Mmm...that is a workaround, not a sollution. I have plenty of vids with these same accidents as shown by @Yatzeck with different cars on different tracks. I dont race online as i dont want to be bumped off track. If this AI is created based on online play...well, then it is spot on;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    AI is evolving with our input. Just keep submitting examples for review and improvements and we'll have tons of fun.....:)

18. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Me too. As previously stated, I like the new AI waaay better than the old one which had no balls.

But they still have something to learn. If you're stationary at the side of the track, in the middle of a plain sight stretch, some of the AI will still drive straight into you at full speed. Not saying sitting stationary at the side of the track is something I do regularly, but it kind of proves the fact that the AI doesn't always even have a remote idea of where you are.

I don't think this has anything to do with the AI having a more aggressive driving style either, it's just plain unawareness of where the player's car is. Or a lack of will to avoid hitting it. And that needs a little looking into. But please do not castrate the AI again! :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I like that they're a bit more ballsy, I was side-by-side another DTM '16 car for most of the Bathurst track. It was scary but brilliant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I think it might be caused by the 'line-of-sight' of the AI.
    If the AI is designed to run alongside the player at comparatively the same speeds, I would assume that it only checks for other cars within say 10 meters. And if it suddenly finds a stationary car within that distance, it's a little late to stop. :D

• Agree Agree x 1