AI Aggression

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .OG Isaac, Nov 18, 2016.

1. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Hopped on last night to try to dial in the Accuforce (since everything is different now) and got punted off track for 20 mins before I had to call it quits. I hope its a combination of me adjusting and maybe a hotfix, but thats not fun.

FWIW, I can't use adaptive AI as I regularly have friends over that are not nearly as good as I am (and I only race around 95-100 difficulty) most times.

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    You could trying setting wheel in practice mode no Ai ?

3. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    For sure Andy, I was saying it more along the lines of providing context in regards to the thread topic of AI, rather than saying the AI was the sole reason I couldn't get the wheel setup.

4. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Sorry misunderstood

If you feel there are problems with any ai please post info
    Amatueur or get real
    Car class and car
    Track and layout !
    Level of ai
    Number of ai
    Specifics such as rammed from behind T3 or ai grid lock too slown in chicane?
    Video clip if possible more info the better
    Please try more than once , if it is always same result post info and I will gladly look into it for you :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    On a side-note, you can still use adaptive even if other people are racing the sim.
    Just back-up the AI file, and re-insert it when you start racing again.

6. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I had a great race in the GT3 Mercedes with the ai yesterday. I did like Cristian said and did a qly session first and was in the middle of the pack in a 16 car grid on hockenheim. Ai at 100% Had a 3 way battle for 7th place through the entire 30 minute race. A bit of fender rubbing and the occasional bump in the back going into the turns, from me as well as them. Also lots of passing back and forth. That was intense and fun. Best race in a while.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, while the MP is still corrupted for me, I had a few AI races testing DTM 16 & updated Hockenheim, GTO @ Midohio and TC Classics at NoS (classic) all @ 102, (DTM with adaptive AI) and it was real fun to race these "guys" . AI behaviour is very sharp and resolute, aggressive, yes, but not ruthless - and comes close to some of the best human opponents I raced in league races and competitions online.

Good job so far ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I did a short session yesterday with the TT16 cars. I also did some GT3 and M1 races this week.
    Compared to the last update is completely changed from beeing wrecked every race to close racing with contact.
    They seem to be more aware and don't smash in to me, they do touch when passing which I think is cool.
    So it got a lot better.

The only thing which looks weird is if I drive slow on the racing line they just evade me at te last moment or just brake very hard and stay behind me. Its like they don't look far ahead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm find that in practice an qualifying they just ram you very annoying. Reminds me of Forza back in the day really should be looked into it's a spoiler for sure.

10. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Well post settings for number of ai & level/car class/track & layout plus session in question
    I will try to reproduce problem/bug ?
    But need more info

11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For me the AI is not as good as I thought it was after the latest patch, yeh their abit quicker on the straights, but cornering & braking is just awful, they still brake way to early, and way to much as well, once they are done with the braking they are almost at a stop, let alone for some reason when they brake they are all over the place like they have just brake at the latest point, as already said there is a huge amount of ramming from the rear going on, and I've been pushed of the track so many times, by cars that seem to beable to merge quite abit with my vehicle, also the AI never seem to suffer damage. The AI were so good a couple of years ago...

P.s this happens on most tracks still and with most vehicles I've tested.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    :hushed::unamused:
    Yup, I had to turn back the ai 5 to 10% depending on track/car combo to stop getting rear ended in the corners. I got that kinda figured out for myself. I always use set strength ai. Set kind of high so I qly some where I the middle of the pack. The thing that has me up in arms. Is the fact that they are continuously pushing me off the track on the straights. There front bumper will be lined up with my back bumper. And as they move onto the race line they hit my bumper destabilizing my car and sending me into a spin off the side of the track. It's really fucking irritating. And I have not finished a race yet since the update w/out this happening:mad::(
    On the good side everytime there is an update. I rediscovered some of my old sims. Right now I'm playing race 07. Just bought the GTR evo pack off of steam. And am having a blast with that instead. :smirk: I am slowly loosing interest in this sim. I don't have a lot of time to play lately. And having to relearn the game all the time is getting tedious. I'm in this for the fun and that only. And lately, it has been more work than fun.

Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    yes, the bumping from the rear is an absolute outrage... the overall ai-awareness has become a lot better again, but when they are behind you they are a pest. The only way to stop that is to make sure you set the difficulty so low that they all are slower than you and who wants that?? As soon as you set them up en par with you, you will be punted off from behind in those corners where they are even a little faster than you. Please donĀ“t tell me to name the car-track combo and difficulty, because it so far has been happening for me in all cars I tried (gtr3, p2, f4, frjr, aquilas, dtm15,...), on fixed and well-trained adaptive ai, as well as on all tracks...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I dont even bother with Ai anymore. Out of 10 attempt you might get one race where you don't get rammed off the track.
    Yet the ai continues as if nothing happened.
    Multiplayer is where its at in this game and the occasional leaderboard/competitions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    If only I had the timeo_O. That's why I keep going back to GTR2 and RACE07. The AI are way More intelligent. Especially in GTR2.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    So I came back to Raceroom after a few months and... How do I put this without swearing? Was the early Project CARS AI an inspiration here or was it Assetto Corsa? Seriously Sector 3, you had one of the best AIs on the market - easily tuneable to everyone's skills and fairly competent in racing cleanly, but when I go down the first straight on Laguna Seca, keeping with the pace of the guy in front, holding my line, minding my own business and I get bumped in the rear three time and then sidebumped again by an artificial maniac, it's when I stop playing the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    how many Ai are you running ?
    Andi

18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I did a few races against the AI during the weekend and I still think it's pretty fun to race against them, here's an example:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I think it was 19 AIs on track and me, 20 cars altogether.

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    can you tell me what cars
    i run max 30 cars , and Ai between 112 and 116% track car combo dependent
    i treat the Ai with the respect i would in a league race online ; i make sure i give racing room etc , and i have very few issues ..;
    So try bumping up the number of Ai and see if that calms it a little , but dont go above 30
    you do get rubs and cars drifting into you trying to take your line sometimes , thats part of it
    but ive gone 3 wide in T1 at bathurst and 2 wide across the mountain so they do race ok

Andi