AI bugs/questions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tobias Schröder, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have a few questions about some problems I have with the AI in R3E.

- When a AI car is pitting, the AI that stays on track slows down. Will this bug be fixed? (or is it already and I didn't noticed?)

- Why does the AI do nothing after a crash? The cars just stay on the track for 5 seconds and then they go back racing. Why don't they move out of the way instead of blocking the track? Is it possible to fix that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Both of these are behaviours we definitely want to take a look at.
    The second one is, I believe, the AI trying wait for traffic to pass before continuing the race but obviously if they are still in the middle of the road that doesn't really help.

As with most of these things however, I can't say when such a fix would be done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cjbifidus

cjbifidus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The first one Tobias described is really annoying, hope you fix it soon. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rick Knapp

Rick Knapp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I like the sim but the Ai is not good and we just get very small steps forward if any. The usual Ai that isn't aware of the players car and tries to drive through you. Oh how I wish somebody would figure how to do good Ai. I know it's not an easy thing or it would have been done by now. Content always seems to be the priority. I have purchased most of the content but will be waiting on buying anything else until something is done with the Ai.

• Like Like x 1
  5. janni

janni Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Which class/pack/track?

WTCC AI in Laguna i.e. is pretty awesome. I'm able to run/fight side by side for nearly half the lap (and even through the corkscrew). Impossible thing to do in any multi-player session (even in "organized" onces) :)

But AI "behavior" definitely seems to vary from class to class (adac 2014 is more agressive than 2013, etc).

When i try to run side by side (or brake a tad to early) with the Daytona Prototypes for instance, my race ends most likely "abruptly", and there is always a nice pile of cars in front of the corkscrew...

Edit: And as already mentioned in another threat, they tend to "freight-train" throughout the race (so for sure room for improvements).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  6. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    as soon i start a session with ai, i always find some odd behaviour or a bug .....

the AI on Lausitzring is too slow
    Aquila (and sure other cars aswell) never pit in
    BMW 635 AI does pit in (driven on zolder), but there was no reason i should need to pit in, my laptimes where on last lap as good as on first one.
    Adac2013, some of the AI seemed to slow down on the track when they pitted in (saw this behavior mentioned in an other thread aswell).

curious, is there any car, experience or pack which really works with pitstops enabled ?!

7. janni

janni Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, can't answer that. I don't do pitstop races, till i'm able to pit in all by myself.

8. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    collision-model : reminds me for a protection against rammer online, but offline?

problem, every 2-3 races i hit an AI in his back in a Corner (the AI just drives slow for some reason and i can't brake/slow down anymore), he drives like nothing happend and my car spins like a Ballerina :screamcat: Game Over

Same with straights .... i brake too late, or the AI too early with highspeed......Ballerina :fearscream: Game Over