AI gone mad with last update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PolarClaw, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Definitely a thing. Dont do much ai racing but both today in the tt and yesterday in the gt3s there was a huge difference (and yesterdays race was 30 mins, so should be enough for the field to stretch out a bit). As i said today i qualified last but drove past half the field and my fastest lap was 0.3s slower than that of the race winner and yesterday i qualified 7th a good bit off pole but was easily quicker than the rest of the field in the race.
    Nah high 47s is about as fast as i get (without extensively hotlapping at least). Not sure many people could do mid 46s :D (leaderboard record is 47.1)
    I know using the correct ai strength is important but what exactly is that? If i set them so i qualify at the front or even in the front half then theres a pretty realistic chance of the race being an easy win. If i set them so i run mid pack in the race then ill probably qualify quite far down the order so in quali theyd be "too quick". Probably never gonna become an ai racer but if youve got any advice on that i wouldnt mind hearing it anyways :D

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    So i had a look at this mates channel and it turns out he lives pretty much around the corner from me and 4 years ago i watched his first ever video on youtube :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I think he is somewhat of a hidden gem for german simracing-his videos are fun, but he always delivers a good pace. Only thing is that he doesn't upload much, the algorithm of the broadcasting platform seems to overlook him sometimes:D

4. clara kennedy

clara kennedy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone help me out in finding the best race cars to buy?

5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @clara kennedy it depends what you are interested in, Open wheelers, GT, TCR, Historics?
    You also have the ability to test drive all the cars for free. So as the old saying goes - try before you buy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1