Ai incidents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nico Kunze, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    After another long break i continued this championship and for the most part everything was fine except for one incident that destroyed my whole race :D

2. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    AI fault in all cases of course (including your other post)

As long as you continue testing with gamepads (and fans continue to support this awful AI) the problems will never be fixed.

I am struck by the fact that these barbarities continue to occur as they should have been eliminated according to the patchnotes.

• AI now makes better defensive decisions based on the type of corner ahead.

• AI should now respect a bit more distance to opponent cars

11/28/18

• AI - Further improvements to behavior while racing in a pack

01/30/19

Nico, I admire your persistence in this game. I also admire the explanations of some who continue to defend the game and blame the humble player who just wants to have fun and amortize all the (a lot of) money he invested.

The only explanation I find is that those bots are possessed and driven by Wreck-It Ralph.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  3. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    One guy driving with a controller (which somebody has to do to test that anyways) doesnt affect the ai behaviour ;)

I would indeed like these incidents to be a bit less frequent than what they appear to be for me.
    But introducing a few improvements doesnt mean magically fixing all problems so if you expect that to be the case you might wanna rethink that. Improving the ai will take time and it wont ever please everyone anyways. So if its just the two of us complaining and everybody else being happy it cant be too bad ;D

Not too difficult for me but i appreciate your admiration :D
    I spend most of my time just driving alone or racing online so 95% of the time ill be having plenty of fun without having to worry about the ai. Would just be even better if that were for 100% of the time but really i cant complain much about those 95% :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I’m the same as you and I agree Nico
    I’ll take 95% perfect fantastic ai over 100% perfect lame ai any day of the week.

Show me a sim that has 100% perfect ai!
    If you can find one it probably has boring ai

5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough :D
    But when driving against the ai it doesnt feel like a 95% to me hence still hoping for improvements

6. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed the AI derping a bit when i am in these spots of being a wheel alongside but this sorta makes it understandable now.

I guess if, after this improvement, they're still similar it's just potentially something along the lines of they're either not recognising that the hitbox is near alongside or that they are but are freaking out about what to do so decide to stick to turning the corner normally?

sorta what i gathered just by browsing this. Although AI definitely far better since 2013 when i started lol ^_^

7. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I should have pointed out that it very much depends on the class of car.

I feel the WTCR and all the gt class ai are 95% there.
    The new FR ai are also great
    In fact all the newly realised cars have pretty good ai when it comes to their situational awareness of the player

For me it’s mainly the older release such as the DTM’s are a problem; similar to what you experienced above you experienced.

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Continued around norisring today and had a lot more wheel banging than any f3 would survive. Didnt feel like going through all of the replay tho so ill leave it at this little highlight :D

9. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    This video scares, aggression is unintelligible.

But I prefer yesterday's video, that double impact made me remember when I was a kid and I played bowling.

I'm a little confused, this type of maneuver is within 95% perfect fantastic ai?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    as I clarified above; depends on the class of car; I was referring to the ai performance in those classes I listed
    Obviously the DTM's and F3 above are not acceptable