Bug AI issues since last patch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Manfredk2, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ValentinoTaylor

ValentinoTaylor New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Can confirm that the AI is a bit too fast at Chang, T5, T6 and T7, I lose from 5 to 7 tenths. Could be more if I matched the difficulty based on T1 or last corner.

Also, the video is Eau Rouge/Raidillon with the GTR1. They get quite loose but they don't spin.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +423 / 0
    known issues are across all tracks , nearly all cars ,
    slow into and through tight hairpins/chicanes
    tight sweeping fast corners , they are quick , very quick

Ai tip ,
    set your Ai to your lap time , depending on the track , make them a little faster , that way you pass they pass and you race

Andi

3. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    upload_2019-4-10_15-54-25.png
    Continue to get dive bombed by the AI (7) and then followed by a not so subtle nudge puts me in the gravel, spun or enough off line to lose the position and sometimes more.
    AI at that speed and trajectory, if I was not there, would unlikely would have made the turn.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +423 / 0
    id like to see a video of that

Andi

5. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    I like to be able to do that for you next time. Without recording the entire race is it possible to take a video 'screenshot'?

6. anno900

anno900 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hard for a championship....
    I have done some with fixed AI, but then you have tracks were you are way ahead, some where you are far behind and some where you battle with AI. So adaptive AI is probably the best way as it should adapt. I only run GT3 (hardly GT4) and due to very limited gaming time ;-) I also try to race only the same tracks (about 10-12, so the ones I like most). So hopefully somewhen the AI has adapted propperly, so that I have close races at a championship where I can battle around 5-10 place. Do not "want" to win any race. Battleing with AI makes more fun and there the AI is really far far beyond all other sims I have played so far (if you read some of my other psts I nearly played them all on PC, even GT on playstation). So great job S3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kendoslow

kendoslow Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Use your mobile, it works fine and saves a lot of faffing about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ValentinoTaylor

ValentinoTaylor New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    While I appreciate the tip, on some combos the AI speed difference is too big and it's impossible to find a good difficulty setting. Sometimes the AI is "very quick" through fast corners, sometimes it's too quick. Opponents who run in circles around you breaks the immersion and doesn't make for good racing, especially when they punt you out of their way (which in this case I can understand).