Problem AI Issues with Formula Extreme and others open wheelers

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Haiden, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I recently came back to RRE after a few months. And I'm noticing that the AI for some of the Formula 1 style classes exhibit strange behavior in the corners on tracks. Silverstone being one example... Through turns 3-5, they are not only super slow, but seem to take this wide line with jerky steering inputs, always leaving the inside wide open as they creep around Turn4 at a snail's pace. Same thing happens going around Luffield (Turn7).

I've tried deleting my adaptive file, and even did a complete reinstall. The Formula 3 and Formula 2 classes don't seem to suffer from this as much. Although, I did notice the Formula 2 is a bit slow at Red Bull Ring Turns 1 and 2. Not as oddly slow as the Formula X at Silverstone, but definitely under pace for the settings. They also don't make the jerky steering inputs at RB Ring, like the Extreme does at Silverstone.

Is this a known issue? How long has it been like this? If not, how can I correct it, as I love open wheel racing, and right now, RRE is the only place to get a decent overall race experience with open wheelers.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    So is your issue with Raceroom or Automobilista? We can't do anything about Reiza cars here.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Well, some classes on some circuits do have problems with bad racing lines and sometimes I see fixes for issues like that in patchnotes. But I don't know the overall state of these issues (I mean which ones are known for devs, whether devs have resources to fix them and how often, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the AI for the FR X-17 is in a pretty bad state right now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about that. I just read that and was like "EEEK" LOL. I hadn't had any coffee yet when I wrote that. I've been trying the Formula classes in all the sims, trying to find the best racing experience. F1 2020 was another disappointment, so I'm looking for something else.

6. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That's unfortunate. :( Thanks for the response, though.

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No problem. I can't say much about the single seater AI as I don't drive them much, but if you come across any specific issues please report them and they can be looked at. AI improvements are done on a per class and often per corner basis so all information is useful.

8. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... I know it's tricky getting the dialed in, because of the speeds. The odd behavior described above in those particular corners at Silverstone was seen in X-17.

• Like Like x 1