Bug AI - Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Cosmic, May 5, 2015.

1. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I've been "brake checked" a couple times by the AI at the Laguna Seca start-finish line.
    I can't remember what I was using this first time but I know it caused me to ram the AI and spin off the track.
    This latest time I was using the G5 class with adaptive AI. I had enough space to avoid any contact but it was strange and unexpected since it was seemingly unnecessary.

2. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hmm It looks like my adaptive AI isn't set for Laguna Seca. I ran a lap at 120 AI and didn't notice any braking in that spot. Ill try 110 and 100 as well.

3. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    110 was fine but at 100 AI they started jabbing the brakes at the start-finish line.

4. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, I was gonna report on GTR2 At Salzburgring doing the same thing and that was at 105..and dabbing the brakes on the straights enough to slow them down a little. But it seems random. So I'll keep my eye on it..

5. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Duke E. Brown Is this happening at the start of a race or just while lapping? And if it happens at the start. is it with a rolling start?

6. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    This last time was during a custom championship (standing start). It happens during the race after the start.
    During my testing I would complete a lap then go into replay and see if any of the AI would tap the brakes near the start/finish line. Definitely saw the behavior at 100 but not at 110 or 120.

7. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, I haven't noticed that at Laguna Seca, mostly at Sonoma.
    I will have to try it out...did you notice what car(s) was doing the brakes check?

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I have this at Laguna too, most recently with Group 5 cars every lap. In was going to post but thought I'd wait until the next AI patch is out. They're also very slow coming down the hill after the Corkscrew.

9. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Rolling start, at the start, GTR2 caddy.

10. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Laguna Seca seems to need AI Improvements. Raced last week with `92 DTM and everytime I passed the corksrew, the AI makes funny things and seems to park there. There is no good racing possible.

Don't know, how its been with other cars.

11. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Ive seen the ai tapping the break into the kink on Bathurst even at 110 they really take the wrong line as well but i think bathurst needs a update in general ai wise cause every lap hit the wall over the top on the turn before skyline in the g5's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Duke E. Brown I have noticed your bug and will report, nice catch. There is definitely lots of AI making a brakes check but I noticed that it's the ones having a slightly different trajectory than the others.