AI, My First Impressions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exiled Scotsman, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Ok, firstly I normally just run hot laps, so please forgive me for being blind/a bit stupid.

Anyway, back on topic. I was running some GT Masters 2014 in just simple race mode last night, mainly to try and find the AI difficulty setting that fits my rather crap driving skill.

We were on the Nurburgring Sprint track, and it wasn't long after the mandatory pit stop, and there was a three way battle for 4th place (Audi R8, AMG SLS and me in a Z4).
    We were just accelerating out of turn 2, when the SLS pushed a little too hard and spun! I only just managed to miss him.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how good the AI seem to be modelled in R3E. I can only imagine how much I will enjoy the multiplayer!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    yes AI are something simbin have always gotten right r3e is no exeption

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    AI is very good imo, however i would like to see more spinoffs from AI drivers, if you don't bother them, usually they always run perfectly... in this case Rf2 AI seems a bit more "realistic" for me

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I would like to see the AI have more life e.g. spins, crashes, out-braking themselves, failures and retirements, etc, etc....

The AI is good but still a little too sterile. Let's see what the update brings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2