AI pit stops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rd.king, Apr 19, 2015.

1. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to stop the AI from pitting.
    It seems in every single player race I run that the AI all pit at the same time.
    just a lap or 2 before the end.

2. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    How long are these races where they pit?

3. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    15 and 30 min races
    could it be something in my settings.

4. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I've been running 15 minute races lately and haven't noticed any pit stops. Which car and track combo do you know it happened on so I can try to duplicate it?

5. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    sachenring, zolder.
    dtm 92, touring classic
    I'll be running in the middle of the pack and see the cars pitting next thing I'm in first place.
    I've got tire wear and mechanical damage turned on.

6. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I ran a couple 15 minute races on Sachenring with the DTM92 cars, once with adaptive and once with 120 AI and could not duplicate the issue. I had tire wear and mechanical on.
    Regardless the AI should never pit as you are experiencing with only a few laps left. I remember RF2 AI doing this when I had it installed several updates ago and it ruined races. Maybe others can chime in or maybe a dev can look into it as running 15 minute test sessions starts to add up. I know that on my current custom championship with GT2 and 15 minute races I havent seen any pit stops and I'm about 5 races into the "season".

7. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Noticed a difference between single player races and custom championship. I always do 15 minutes races, in single races they often pit 7/6/5 minutes efore the end (depends on the class) but in championship the only pit stops I have seen for now are with GTRX. Tire wear off is a way of solving the problem for the moment I think.

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yep, turn off tyre wear for now.

9. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking tire wear may be the trigger for the stops.
    I guess the tire wear is automatically scaled to race length and the AI are hardwired to respond.
    I like to have it on as it seems to be the only environmental variable present at this point in the games development.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1