Bug AI Pitting

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Exiled Scotsman, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hey all, wondering if someone could help me out here.

I decided to start some GTR2 and 3 single player races, however about one third into the race, it feels like all the AI just suddenly decide that they all want to go into the pits. If I run DTM 2014, or GT Masters 2014 the AI will pit appropriately, depending on what I select in the main menu.

It makes it impossible to run these single player races, as the AI effectively disappear.

Is this a known bug, and if so, is there a fix/workaround?

PS: I did a google search on the issue, and nothing came up that matched my problem, however if I missed something, just point me in that direction!

2. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    This was supposed to be fixed... apparently it was not.

3. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
  4. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks for the answers. It would seem switching off tyre wear has fixed it, but can't confirm 100%.

5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Yes, it is tire wear that causes the AI to pit at a certain point. Once their tires start getting close to the point where they get real bad, they all decide to head in to change.

We'll need to look into wear rates and when the AI decide to head in.

6. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the confirmation, will keep that option unchecked for now :)

7. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I usually do 15 minutes races in single player and most of the time the AI pits in the middle of the race when I can stay on the track until the end. Tires are something like 96% for the most used, a bit less grip but manageable.
    Is there a limit purcentage making tire change urgent ?

8. Edu Martinez

Edu Martinez New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have at least 2 issues with AI pits:

1st in DTM-2014 champ at Hockenheim. I was second and Rockenfeller was the first one. He went to the pits, I did a more lap and I went into the pits too. Then he was still first but in the next lap he went again to the pits (I think there were not more AI drivers doing the second pit stop because Farfus was the second one and he only did a pit stop).

The second issue was in Portugal with Radical AER. 30 minutes race. In the middle of the race, a bit more, a lot of AI drivers went to the pits but I did a more lap before going to the pits too. So, in the next lap, all the AI drivers went again to the pits, and I won with 1 lap advantage.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  9. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Just tested this and it seems that the rear tires wear out a bit quicker on this track, which cause the AI to head in and only switch out the rear tires. Once the front tires get bad, they head in again. Ideally the AI should check to see whether it would make sense to switch out both tire pairs at the same time. I'll add it to our bug tracker.

Regarding the DTM scenario, do you have the replay file? Can you see if the Rockenfeller AI just performs a drive through or does it stop in the pit?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Edu Martinez

Edu Martinez New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for your reply
    I canĀ“t check about Rockenfeller issue because maintenance, but I think he did a pit stop, not a drive through, in fact I watched the replay that day about that too.
    I have updoaded the replay at Hockenheimring in this link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ffqalypj323qmpb/2015-03-27_Hockenheimring_Grand_Prix_1.zip